After you have visited The Drive Coffee Bar at 1670 Commercial Drive and had an awesome coffee and then decided to buy a bag or tow of our special blends; now what? How do you make sure your coffee stays as fresh as possible?
Some quick tips:
- Buy Whole Bean coffee and don't grind until ready to use. Whole beans retain freshness longer that pre-ground.
- DO NOT keep your coffee in the fridge or freezer!
- Keep beans in dry space. Avoid moisture and temperature fluctuations.
- Store in a cool and dark space - not near heat and not too cold where beans will condense when brought out.
- Store in a air tight and opaque container.
Simple little tricks to make sure your beans taste as good at home as they do in the coffee bar...