Listen up coffee lovers, I’ve got a recipe that’s about to blow your socks off. Get ready to experience the rich and hearty flavors of the mountains with this Alpine Latte Recipe.
If you’re anything like me, you crave the warmth and comfort of a good latte on a chilly morning. But why settle for a basic latte when you can have one infused with the decadent flavors of Amaretto, Irish cream, and hazelnut liqueur? Trust me when I say, this recipe is worth getting out of bed for.
Whether you’re hosting a holiday brunch or just need a pick-me-up on a dreary day, this Alpine Latte Recipe is sure to impress. So grab your favorite mug and get ready to indulge in a cozy and indulgent coffee experience.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen up, fellow caffeine lovers. I am here to tell you why this Alpine Latte recipe is the coffee drink that you never knew you needed in your life.
First off, let’s talk about the flavors going on in this latte. You’ve got the rich, bold taste of freshly brewed coffee infused with the nutty sweetness of Amaretto and the smooth creaminess of Irish cream. And if that weren’t enough to make your taste buds sing, we also add in a shot of Frangelico, a hazelnut liqueur, to really take it up a notch.
But wait, there’s more! We don’t stop there with these rich and decadent flavors. We’ve also got some Torani Peppermint Syrup to give it a refreshing kick and a hint of holiday cheer. And let’s not forget about the whipped cream garnish with chopped almonds for that extra little bit of indulgence.
Now, let’s talk convenience. This recipe is so simple and easy to make at home. All you need is some freshly brewed hot coffee, a few ingredients that you most likely already have on hand, and your trusty steaming wand to froth up some milk. And voila! You’re enjoying a barista-worthy latte in the cozy comfort of your own home.
And if you’re all about customization, fear not. We’ve provided substitutions and variations for those who want to mix it up or cater to specific dietary needs (hello non-dairy coconut creamer!).
So why will you love this recipe? Let me sum it up for you: rich, decadent flavors; easy to make at home; customizable based on your preferences; perfect for sipping during the holiday season or any time when you want to treat yourself. So go ahead and give this Alpine Latte recipe a try – I promise you won’t regret it.
- 1-2 shots espresso
- 8 oz of fresh brewed coffee made hot and strong
- Sugar and cream to taste (approximately 1 oz)
- Steamed milk (2 oz)
- 2 oz Torani flavoring syrup* in the flavor of your choice (I recommend peppermint syrup)
- 30 ml (1 oz) of Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 30 ml (1 oz) of Amaretto liqueur
- 15 ml (1/2 oz) of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Chopped almonds for garnish
This recipe includes dairy, but you can easily substitute the dairy components for non-dairy versions like coconut creamer, almond milk, or eggnog. For a low-carb version, you can swap out the sugar for a keto-friendly sweetener. Additionally, you can customize this recipe by adding other Torani flavoring syrups like caramel or chai latte.
The Recipe How-To
For this Alpine Latte Recipe, I’ll be showing you how to make it using Amaretto and Irish Cream. It’s a creamy, nutty, and indulgent latte that’s perfect to warm you up during the chilly days of winter. Here are the steps on how to make this delicious Alpine Latte:
- 1.5 oz freshly brewed strong coffee
- 1 oz Amaretto
- 0.5 oz Irish Cream
- 8 oz steamed milk
- 2 tbsp whipped cream for garnish
When it comes to brewing the coffee, use Alpine Start Instant Coffee. It’s an excellent choice since it gives a strong flavor that doesn’t taste instant.
- Brew 1.5 oz of Alpine Start Instant Coffee. Brew it hot and strong using 8 ounces of water.
- In a glass, pour in 1 oz Amaretto and 0.5 oz Irish Cream.
- Add the freshly brewed coffee into the glass.
- Pour in steamed milk until it reaches about one inch from the top of the glass.
- Optional: add a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon powder if desired.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with finely chopped almonds.
And there you have it, your perfectly made Alpine Latte! With this recipe, you can also customize your latte by adding different flavors such as Torani Peppermint Syrup, Almond Milk, or even try making one with Eggnog.
Additionally, if you’re looking for a vegan alternative, try using coconut creamer instead of regular dairy products.
Tips for Perfect Results
- Use freshly brewed coffee for better taste.
- Steamed milk should have enough foam to hold the whipped cream.
- For creating big bubbles in your foam, use cold milk and aerate for longer.
Now that you know how to make this delicious latte on your own, surprise your guests or even yourself with this yummy treat!
Substitutions and Variations
As a barista, I understand that everyone has different flavor preferences, dietary restrictions, and ingredient availability. That’s why I love whipping up a variety of coffee drinks to satisfy each customer’s unique taste buds. Here are some substitutions and variations you can make to the Alpine Latte recipe:
– Non-Dairy Substitutions: If you prefer non-dairy options, you can replace the milk with almond milk, oat milk, soy milk, or coconut milk. You can also use coconut creamer instead of regular creamer. Additionally, you can try using Alpine Start’s original blend instant coffee made with coconut creamer for a vegan-friendly option.
– Flavored Syrups: Torani syrup is a great addition to any coffee beverage. The recipe calls for 2 oz of Torani syrup, but you can mix and match different flavors such as caramel, pumpkin spice, or even chai latte to create your own tasty concoction.
– Liquor Alternatives: The recipe includes 1 oz of Frangelico hazelnut liqueur and 1 oz of Amaretto. If you’re looking for non-alcoholic substitutes or want to switch things up, consider adding in Bailey Irish Cream instead. You could also drizzle in peppermint syrup for a cool and refreshing twist.
– Whipped Cream Toppings: Adding whipped cream to your latte is always a fun treat. You can use store-bought whipped cream or if you’re feeling fancy, make your own homemade whipped cream. I like garnishing the whipped cream with chopped almonds for added texture.
These are just some ideas to get your creative juices flowing. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different ingredient combinations to find your perfect cup of coffee.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving the Alpine Latte, there’s no need to get fancy. This latte recipe is best enjoyed freshly made and hot at home. You can add a dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of chopped almonds as a garnish to make it look more elegant and sophisticated.
The almond flavor in the Amaretto and Frangelico hazelnut liqueur adds an extra dimension of nuttiness to this latte recipe. It pairs especially well with biscotti, a crunchy Italian cookie, or any other nutty dessert. The richness of Bailey’s Irish Cream also makes for a perfect pairing with chocolate-based foods like brownies or chocolate cakes.
If you’re looking for something different, you can try pairing this Alpine Latte with an earthy breakfast like oatmeal or pancakes. Since the coconut creamer is somewhat sweetened already, it will enhance the taste of your morning meal.
Alternatively, if you’re searching for something refreshing on a hot day, try pouring this Alpine Latte over ice for a special iced latte experience. You can also experiment with other Torani coffee liqueurs such as caramel or chai latte syrup to create exciting new flavors.
No matter which way you choose to enjoy this latte recipe, one thing is certain: it’s incredibly delicious and satisfying no matter what time of day it is!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now, this is the part that’s going to save you precious minutes on chaotic mornings! Yes, you can make the Alpine Latte ahead of time, but there are a few things you should know.
First and foremost, when it comes to making any coffee drinks, the fresher – the better. As such, I cannot stress enough that freshly brewed coffee will make a world of difference in the taste of your libation. However, if you must make it ahead of time, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Similarly, if you are making the latte itself ahead of time, ensure that it is properly chilled before putting it away in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
For reheating, simply pour the cold Alpine Latte mixture into a microwave-friendly mug or a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Do not let it boil. And remember to stir occasionally.
But wait! Did you think we’d forget about toppings? No way! Dress up your piping hot Alpine Latte with dollop of freshly whipped cream and a sprinkling of chopped almonds. Heavenly!
Now that we’ve covered how to make-ahead, store and reheat these divine latte drinks, go ahead and experiment with your favorite substitutions and variations to keep your mornings electrifyingly exciting!
Tips for Perfect Results
Creating the perfect Alpine Latte can be a bit daunting at first, but with the right technique, it can become a breeze. Below are some tips and tricks from my experience as a barista to help ensure you make the best possible version of this cozy drink every time.
1. Use freshly brewed coffee: The flavor of your latte will depend on the quality of your coffee. Use freshly brewed hot coffee that is strong enough to hold up against the added creamy ingredients.
2. Steam your milk correctly: Use cold milk for steaming and create a whirlpool effect when frothing to get smooth foam. Don’t overheat or under-steam the milk; aim for a temperature between 140-155°F.
3. Measure liquids carefully: Follow precise measurements for syrups and liqueurs – this will prevent overpowering and unbalanced flavors.
4. Experiment with variations: Don’t be afraid to try different variations of milk, syrups or spices to add your own twist on this classic recipe.
5. Garnish for an extra touch of flavor: Add whipped cream on top of your latte and sprinkle some chopped almonds for an additional nutty flavor.
6. Use quality ingredients: Choosing high-quality ingredients will elevate the taste of your drink, especially with flavored syrups and creams like Torani Coconut Creamer or Irish cream.
7. Opt for non-dairy alternatives: For a vegan or lactose-free version opt for coconut creamer, almond milk latte, eggnog or go for an unsweetened original blend.
8. Make sure ingredients are well mixed: Mix all ingredients thoroughly before serving to avoid having oil floating in your drink or an uneven texture.
By following these simple tips, you can make sure your Alpine Latte recipe turns out delicious every time – whether you’re making it at home or order at your favorite coffee bar!
As one of the best parts of the culinary world, coffee is a drink that has been enjoyed for centuries in different flavors and styles. With that said, it is normal to have questions when trying out new recipes or techniques. In this FAQ section, I will address some common concerns about the Alpine Latte Recipe and provide helpful tips to ensure that you achieve perfect results every time. So, let’s dive into some of the frequently asked questions about this delicious latte recipe!
What is an Alpine coffee?
To make a delicious alpine coffee, we’ll need to gather some fresh ingredients. Firstly, we’ll need 8 ounces of freshly brewed hot coffee, strong in flavor. Then, we’ll need to prepare our desired amount of sugar and cream, depending on our personal taste preferences. Finally, we’ll need 1.5 ounces of Frangelico, or any other hazelnut liqueur of our choice.
What are the ingredients of a latte?
If you’re looking for a coffee concoction that consists of espresso, steamed milk, and a hint of foam, a latte, or a caffe latte, might be the drink for you. The ideal latte formula comprises roughly one-third espresso and two-thirds steamed milk, along with a dollop of foam on the top.
Can I make latte at home?
Creating a delicately brewed latte without an espresso machine, milk frother or other fancy equipment can seem complicated at first, but is actually within your reach from the comfort of your own home. The magic of a fluffy, appealing foam is similarly simple to create using only espresso or adequately brewed coffee and frothy milk which can conveniently be made in the microwave. It might sound too good to be true, but with a few straightforward and straightforward methods, you can quickly concoct a perfect latte that looks and tastes equally delightful.
How do you make coffee taste like a latte?
Let me share with you the step-by-step guide to crafting a delicious and frothy coffee concoction. Firstly, it is crucial to have a strong coffee base. Therefore, I recommend brewing 2 cups of strong coffee. Most machines today have either a “strong” or an “espresso” setting that can help you achieve this.
Next, take a jar with a lid, and pour in ⅔ cup of either nonfat or 2 percent milk. Close the lid tightly and shake the jar thoroughly for a minute until the milk becomes bubbly. This process of shaking the milk creates froth, which is the key to the latte art you see on Instagram.
Once you’ve achieved the right texture of the milk, proceed to pour the brewed coffee into two separate mugs. Then, slowly spoon the frothed milk over the coffee. Do not pour the milk in hurriedly; we want to maintain the frothiness of the milk to give our coffee a luxurious texture that melts in your mouth.
Some additional pointers I should add are that it’s essential to ensure the coffee is hot before adding the frothed milk. You can reheat the coffee to get it to the desired temperature. However, ensure the milk is not overheated as this can ruin the texture of the froth.
In conclusion, this simple yet rewarding recipe can help you impress your friends and family with your barista skills. It’s perfect for those cozy mornings, relaxing evenings, or whenever you crave a rich and frothy coffee experience.
So, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and try the Alpine Latte recipe and enjoy a truly decadent coffee experience that is second to none. This recipe is perfect for any occasion, whether you’re treating yourself or entertaining guests.
With its rich, indulgent flavors and satisfying creaminess, the Alpine Latte is sure to become one of your favorite coffee drinks. And best of all, it’s easy to make at home with simple ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry.
So why not whip up a batch of this delightful beverage today? I guarantee that you won’t be disappointed! Whether you’re an avid coffee lover or just looking for something new to try, the Alpine Latte is the perfect choice. So go ahead and indulge in a bit of rich, creamy goodness – you deserve it!
Alpine Latte Recipe
- 15 ml bailey's irish cream
- 30 ml Amaretto
- 30 ml Frangelico
- 180 ml freshly brewed coffee
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- chopped almonds (to garnish)
- Combine Bailey's, Amaretto & Frangelico in a mug, add coffee & stir.
- Garnish with cream & almonds.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.