Are you a chocolate lover? How about a chai latte enthusiast? Well, get ready to have your world rocked because I have the perfect recipe for you – Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies!
This recipe combines the rich and decadent flavors of chocolate with the warm and spicy notes of chai tea to create a cookie that is truly unforgettable.
But don’t just take my word for it, try them out yourself! These cookies are perfect for any occasion, whether you’re hosting a party or just craving something sweet. And the best part? They’re incredibly easy to make.
So grab a cup of milk, put on your apron, and get ready to indulge in some seriously delicious chocolate chai latte cookies. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you later.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Listen, fellow chocolate and chai enthusiasts. I’ve got something that’s going to knock your socks off – Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies! This recipe is perfect for those who can never seem to decide between the rich flavor of chocolate or the comforting warmth of a chai latte. Trust me, this cookie recipe is the best of both worlds combined in one perfect cookie.
If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookies, then you’ve got to give these Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies a try. You might think that it’s just another version of an ordinary chocolate chip cookie, but let me tell you, it’s anything but ordinary. Infused with chai spices like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and cloves, these cookies will add a warming element to your taste buds that you never knew was missing from traditional chocolate chip cookies.
And don’t forget about the white chocolate chips throughout the dough, which adds a sweet contrast against the deep cocoa notes of the cookie itself. The combination is like two sides of a coin that complement each other perfectly.
These “dunkable” cookies are perfect for pairing with your morning or afternoon tea or coffee. And if you’re looking for an extra-special treat, enjoy them with a hot chocolate or Chai Latte made with milk – because hey, there’s no such thing as too much chai!
So why will you love this recipe? Because it’s not only delicious, but also unique and easy to prepare. With herbs and spices that pack an aromatic punch and white chocolate chips peeking through each bite, these cookies will become a new family favorite in no time. Make them once, and I guarantee they’ll become an instant classic in your home too.
Here is a list of ingredients you will need to make this amazing chocolate chai latte cookies recipe:
- Butter – 1 cup of unsalted butter, softened
- Sugar – ¾ cup of brown sugar and ½ cup of granulated sugar for the cookie dough
- Egg – 1 egg
- Flour – 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- Cocoa Powder – ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-processed
- Chai Masala or Tea Mix – Create your own combination using ground spices such as cloves, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom or use store-bought mix
- Chocolate Chips – 1 cup of dark chocolate chips or a mix of milk chocolate and dark chocolate chips
- White Chocolate Chips – 1 cup of white chocolate chips for the perfect chocolate-chai combination
Note that all quantities specified in this recipe account for approximately 15 to 25 medium-size cookies. If you require more or fewer cookies, adjust the ingredient quantities accordingly.
The Recipe How-To
Let’s whip up some Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies, shall we? These cookies strike the perfect balance between spiced chai and fudgy chocolate, with bits of white chocolate chips that will make you want to lick your fingers clean after every bite.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp black pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp hot water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup instant chai tea latte mix
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream softened butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, ground cinnamon, ground cardamom, ground ginger, ground cloves, and optional black pepper.
- Gradually add the dry mixture into the butter mixture on low speed until just combined.
- Mix in the baking soda with hot water in a small bowl or cup and then stir it into the batter along with the salt.
- Lastly, fold in the instant chai tea latte mix and white chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to form cookie dough balls around two tablespoons in size and place them on a baking sheet. Make sure to leave about two inches of space between each ball so they have room for expansion as they bake.
- Bake in preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes or until the sides of the cookies start to set but they’re still slightly soft in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for about five minutes before moving them to wire racks to cool completely.
That’s it – your decadent Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies are ready to enjoy! Serve with a steaming cup of masala chai tea or cocoa for an extra indulgent treat that’ll warm you up from head to toe on chilly nights.
Substitutions and Variations
This recipe is pretty flexible and there are several ways to make changes to it according to your liking.
First, if you don’t have chocolate chips on hand or prefer something else, feel free to substitute white chocolate chips, milk chocolate chips, or even dark chocolate chunks that will melt perfectly into the cookies. Imagine taking a bite into those cookie with just the perfect amount of melted dark chocolate all over your mouth—that’s heaven.
If you want to punch it up with other flavors, try adding almond flour to the mix to give the cookies a nutty taste. If you’re a big fan of chai spices but looking for more textures, add some chopped nuts or oats into the dough.
For those who like their sweets not too sweet, consider swapping some of the powdered sugar out for honey. You can also drizzle honey on top of them while they cool. Chai masala could also be used instead of ground spices included in the recipe.
Finally, if you’re looking for even more creative variation ideas, try turning these cookies into biscotti by dipping them in a cup of hot chocolate or even pairing them with a warm chai latte instead. There’s no right or wrong way to get creative with this versatile recipe!
Serving and Pairing
Alright folks, buckle up because it’s time to talk about the serving and pairing options for these delightful chocolate chai latte cookies.
First things first, let me tell you that these cookies are an absolute crowd-pleaser. So don’t hold back when it comes to sharing them with your loved ones. You can take them to a family gathering, a picnic, or even a potluck – I guarantee you’ll win some serious brownie points (or should I say “cookie” points?) from everyone around.
Now that we’ve established the popularity of these cookies, let’s move on to how best to serve and pair them. One of my favorite ways is to serve them hot from the oven with a nice cup of spicy masala chai. The earthy and robust flavors of the tea perfectly compliment the warm spices in these cookies. Trust me, this pairing is absolute magic for your taste buds.
But if you prefer something cooler, you can also pair these cookies with a glass of ice-cold milk. The rich and creamy texture of the milk adds a perfect contrast to the crispy and chewy texture of the cookies.
If you’re feeling adventurous, you can also try pairing these cookies with some white chocolate chip shortbread or any other chocolate-based dessert such as a thick slice of chocolate cake or hot chocolate. This will not only make your taste buds dance but also impress your guests with your sophisticated and creative palate.
In summary, these chocolate chai latte cookies have countless pairing options that can suit everyone’s taste preferences – be it hot or cold drinks or different kinds of desserts. So go ahead and let your imagination run wild, experiment with different pairings and create your own signature way of enjoying these little bites of heaven.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Listen up, cookie lovers. You know those moments when you just can’t wait to indulge in a chocolate chai latte cookie but you simply don’t have the time to make them from scratch? Fear not! I’ve got you covered with some make-ahead tips that will leave you with cookies whenever you need to satisfy that sweet tooth.
If you’re short on time, you can always prepare the dough ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to 1 month. Once you’re ready to bake, simply thaw the dough in the fridge overnight, scoop your desired amount onto a baking sheet, and bake as instructed. Easy peasy!
Now, when it comes to storing these delicious cookies, we all know that keeping them fresh is key. These cookies are at their best when enjoyed within a day of baking but if you want to savor them over a few extra days, there are a couple of ways to store them:
Method one – Store the baked cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. However, be warned that they may lose their crisp texture over time.
Method two – To maintain their crispy exterior and chewy center for longer, simply store them in the fridge for up to a week. Ensure they are stored in an airtight container and place them at room temperature for approximately 10 minutes before indulging in them.
Lastly, if reheating these bad boys is your thing, then look no further. To reheat your baked cookies from the fridge or freezer, simply preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C), place your cookies on a baking sheet and heat them up for approximately 5 minutes until warm and gooey. You can also pop them into the microwave for approximately 10 seconds or until heated through – perfect for those busy mornings where you need an extra dose of chai spice in your life.
Remember cookie lovers: preparation is key! With these make-ahead tips, storing tricks and reheating options on hand, there’s no need to wait until your next cookie craving strikes – indulge anytime!
Tips for Perfect Results
Now that you’re ready to bake up a batch of chocolate chai latte cookies, here are some tips for ensuring the perfect results.
Firstly, be sure to use room temperature butter. This will ensure that the butter is soft enough to properly combine with the other ingredients and make for a smooth dough. Avoid using melted butter, as this can change the texture of the cookie.
Secondly, don’t over mix your dough. Once you’ve added your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients, mix until just combined. Over mixing can lead to tougher cookies.
Thirdly, be sure to chill your dough before baking. This will help prevent the cookies from spreading too much while in the oven. It also helps with flavor development as it allows time for the flavors to meld together.
Fourthly, be mindful of your oven temperature and cooking time. Overcooking can lead to dry and tough cookies, while undercooking can result in underwhelming flavor and texture.
Finally, be creative with any substitutions or variations you make to the recipe. Adding in different types of chocolate chips or experimenting with different chai spice blends can result in unique and delicious cookies!
With these tips in mind, you’re sure to end up with a batch of delicious and perfectly baked chocolate chai latte cookies every time.
In conclusion, these chocolate chai latte cookies are a perfect blend of rich chocolate and warm spices that make them incredibly irresistible. They are easy to make and can be enjoyed any time of the day. With the right ingredients and careful execution, this recipe will surely become a classic in your household.
Whether you have an afternoon craving or want to pair it with your morning coffee or tea, these cookies are definitely worth a try. I guarantee that once you take a bite, you’ll fall in love with the delicious combination of flavors and textures.
So why not give it a try? Whip up your favorite cup of chai or coffee, roll up your sleeves, and let’s start baking. Trust me; with these chocolate chai latte cookies, the end result is worth the effort.
As Taylor Swift once said, “cookie dough is the sushi of desserts,” and who can disagree? So go ahead, indulge your senses, and enjoy one of the most delicious cookies out there – Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies!
Chocolate Chai Latte Cookies Recipe
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) butter recipe chocolate cake mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves (see note below)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (I use skim)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips (can use semisweet if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips (see note below)
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 -5 teaspoons milk (can use water instead)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients in the cookie list except for the chips. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth and well mixed.
- Stir in chips.
- Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls (I use a small cookie scoop). Place about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350F for about 9 to 11 minutes, or until tops are set (slight underbaking will provide more fudgy chewy cookies).
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for about 2 minutes. Remove cookies to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, combine the dry drizzle ingredients in a small bowl. Add milk or water gradually, mixing well between additions, until you achieve the consistency you like.
- Drizzle over cooled cookies. Allow drizzled cookies to dry fully before packing cookies for storage or transport.
- NOTE: In place of the spices in the cookies, you can use 3 tbs. of instant chai latte mix (any flavor).
- NOTE: You can substitute 1 1/2 cups white chocolate/semisweet swirled chips for the separate types, if you prefer.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.