Indulge in Rich Chocolate Espresso Fudge Recipe
Welcome, coffee and chocolate lovers! Today, we’re going to satisfy your craving for something sweet and caffeinated with my Chocolate Espresso Fudge Recipe. Picture a rich, creamy fudge with a bold espresso flavor that will give you the energy boost you need to power through the afternoon slump. This recipe is straightforward and easy-to-follow, requiring only a few simple ingredients that are easy to find in your local grocery store.
But why should you make this Chocolate Espresso Fudge Recipe? Let me tell you, once you try it, you’ll be hooked. The combination of chocolate and espresso is a match made in heaven, and this fudge will have you coming back for more. It’s perfect to share with friends and family at parties or gatherings, or keep it all for yourself as a delicious treat after a long day. Trust me; this fudge will quickly become your new favorite dessert.
So let’s get started on this decadent journey of making the best espresso fudge recipe ever created. Whether you are an experienced baker or just starting out, I promise that this recipe will be easy to execute. So grab your apron, put on some cheerful music, and get ready to indulge in the most delicious chocolatey espresso flavored fudge ever!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a coffee addict and a chocolate lover? Then this chocolate espresso fudge recipe is the ultimate treat for you! As a barista, I have explored different ways to incorporate coffee into my desserts, and this recipe has become my favorite by far.
First of all, let’s appreciate how simple the ingredients are. You only need basic pantry items such as sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. The magic happens with the additions of instant espresso powder and chocolate chips that take this fudge to another level.
But why stop there? This recipe also allows for substitutions and variations based on your preferences. For example, you can use dark chocolate or white chocolate chips to change up the flavor profile. You can even make it vegan-friendly by using vegan chocolate chips and swapping out butter for margarine.
Furthermore, this chocolate espresso fudge is versatile in serving and pairing options. Cut it into bite-size pieces for an indulgent afternoon snack or use it as a topping for your favorite coffee-flavored dessert recipes like chocolate cake or fudge puddings. Trust me, the flavors will perfectly complement each other.
Lastly, imagine having a batch of this fudge ready-to-go anytime you crave a rich and decadent treat. You can make this ahead of time and store it in an airtight container for up to two weeks! Just reheat it in the microwave or double boiler when you’re ready to enjoy it again.
In conclusion, this recipe is perfect for all levels of bakers who want to explore the delicious pairing of coffee and chocolate. It’s an easy-to-follow recipe that yields impressive results every time. So go ahead and give it a try because you deserve to treat yourself with some homemade chocolate espresso fudge.
Before diving into the details of how to make this decadent chocolate espresso fudge, let’s take a look at the ingredients you’ll need. Luckily, this recipe requires just a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your pantry:
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate chips. This recipe calls for dark chocolate chips, but you could also use semisweet or milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
- Espresso powder. You’ll need instant espresso powder for this recipe, which provides a bold coffee flavor to the fudge.
- Cocoa powder. Unsweetened cocoa powder adds extra depth to the chocolate flavor.
- Sweetened condensed milk. This is a key ingredient in making fudge, providing richness and sweetness.
- Evaporated milk. Evaporated milk adds creaminess and richness to the fudge.
- Instant espresso. This ingredient boosts the coffee flavor and complements the chocolate perfectly.
- Granulated sugar and brown sugar provide a sweetness contrast that works perfectly with the bittersweet chocolate.
- Margarine or butter helps bind everything together while giving the fudge its smooth texture.
- A pinch of salt brings out all the flavors in this delicious dessert.
Once you have gathered all these simple ingredients, it’s time to get started on making your own batch of indulgent and flavorful chocolate espresso fudge!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have gathered all the ingredients and prepared your kitchen counter, it’s time to start making the chocolate espresso fudge.
Step 1: Prepare the Espresso Mixture
First, make a strong espresso mixture by dissolving 2 tablespoons of instant espresso in 5 tablespoons of hot water. Stir well until it dissolves completely.
For a darker and more intense flavor, add an extra tablespoon of instant espresso.
Step 2: Chocolate Fudge Preparation
Take a large saucepan and mix together 2 cups of granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of evaporated milk, 1/4 cup of margarine, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently until the sugar has dissolved.
While stirring constantly, be careful not to scrape the bottom of the pan or splash hot liquid on yourself.
Step 3: Melt the Chocolate Chips
In a double boiler, melt 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips with 12 oz. dark chocolate until smooth. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can use a medium saucepan over low heat. Add in a can of sweetened condensed milk and continue stirring. Slowly pour in the evaporated milk from step 2 into the chocolate mixture and stir well until it is fully combined.
It’s important not to overheat the chocolate; otherwise, it may seize or burn. Always melt it on a low-medium flame to avoid burning.
Step 4: Combine with Espresso Mixture
Add in both espresso mixtures (instant espresso and espresso fudge) to the melted chocolate mixture. Stir in two tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and two teaspoons vanilla extract. Add one jar marshmallow cream and stir everything together until it’s smooth.
For a more coffee-forward flavor, swap half of the chocolate chips with espresso chips.
Step 5: Chill and Slice
Pour this thick, velvety mixture into an evenly greased baking dish measuring around 9×13 inches, lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. Place the baking dish in your fridge or freezer for at least an hour so that it sets properly. Afterward, remove from pans and slice into squares of your desired size before serving.
Serve them as a delicious dessert after dinner or party snack along with brewed coffee or vegan hot cocoa for non-coffee drinkers.
Making chocolate espresso fudge isn’t difficult if you follow these easy steps. Don’t hesitate to experiment by incorporating other inspirational ideas like incorporating white chocolate or adding nuts on top for added crunchiness!
Substitutions and Variations
There are a number of substitutions and variations you can make to this recipe to suit your taste preferences or dietary needs. Here are some ideas:
– Vegan chocolate chips: If you follow a vegan diet, you can use vegan chocolate chips in place of regular ones. This way, you can indulge in this delicious fudge without feeling like you’re compromising on your beliefs.
– Espresso powder: For a stronger espresso flavour, you can up the amount of espresso powder used in the recipe. Just be sure not to overdo it – too much espresso can make the fudge taste bitter.
– Dark chocolate: If you prefer your chocolate a little less sweet, try using dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate for a richer, more complex flavour.
– Brown sugar: To give the fudge a slightly deeper flavour, consider using brown sugar instead of granulated sugar.
– Marshmallow cream: While marshmallow cream adds a lovely creamy texture to the fudge, if you don’t have any on hand or prefer not to use it, you can substitute it with an equal amount of melted white chocolate.
– Cocoa powder: If you don’t have any unsweetened cocoa powder available for dusting the finished fudge, you can use powdered sugar or even instant espresso powder as an alternative.
Remember that when making substitutions, it’s important to keep the ratios consistent so that your fudge turns out just right. And don’t be afraid to experiment – part of the fun of cooking is making recipes your own!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you’ve made this delectable chocolate espresso fudge recipe, it’s time to serve it up! You can slice the fudge into small squares or use a mini cookie scoop to create perfectly portioned bites.
This rich and robust treat is best paired with a strong cup of coffee, like an espresso, to balance out the sweetness. You could also try serving it with a glass of red wine for a sophisticated dessert option.
For a fun twist, use the fudge as a topping for ice cream or sprinkle it over a warm slice of chocolate cake. If you’re feeling adventurous, try incorporating the fudge into your baking by using it as a filling in cookies and brownies.
No matter how you choose to serve it, this chocolate espresso fudge is sure to be a crowd-pleaser. So indulge in this delicious treat and enjoy every bite!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you’ve made this delectable chocolate espresso fudge recipe, it’s important to think ahead for times when you might want to enjoy it in the future. Luckily, this recipe is perfect for making ahead of time and storing for later.
To make-ahead, allow the fudge to cool completely in the pan. Next, cut it into small squares or bars and store them in an airtight container at room temperature. You can keep them for up to two weeks in a cool and dry place.
If you are looking to store the chocolate espresso fudge for a longer period, you can freeze it as well. To freeze, wrap the fudge tightly in plastic wrap and then place it in an airtight container. You can freeze it for up to three months.
When reheating the refrigerated or frozen fudge pieces, bring them back to room temperature before serving by leaving them on the counter for 10-15 minutes before consuming.
For those who love warm fudge, reheating is an option too! To reheat the chocolate espresso fudge, place it on a microwave-safe dish and heat on low power for 10-15 seconds intervals until warmed through evenly. You can also use an oven or stovetop to rewarm your fudge.
By following these simple tips and tricks, your chocolate espresso fudge will stay fresh and delicious for days or even months so that you can indulge whenever you desire without a hitch!
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want your chocolate espresso fudge to be mouth-wateringly delicious, try these tips for the perfect texture and flavor. Here are some things to keep in mind while making this delectable treat:
1. Use high-quality ingredients, especially the coffee and chocolate chips. The better the quality of the main components, the better will be the end result.
2. Pay attention to the quantity of each ingredient, as even a slight deviation from the recipe can affect the texture and flavor of your fudge.
3. Be precise with your measuring cups, teaspoons and tablespoons; being even a little bit off can make all the difference in fudge.
4. Use a double boiler for melting your chocolate chip mixture instead of microwaving it, as it makes for a more consistent temperature that will yield smoother and creamier fudge.
5. If you prefer a firmer texture in your fudge, use unsweetened cocoa powder instead of sweetened cocoa powder, and increase sugar quantities accordingly.
6. Marshmallow cream is key to creating an airy texture in this fudge recipe; do not substitute it with plain marshmallows, as it won’t give you the same desired softness.
7. Stirring is key when cooking your fudge sauce cream over medium-low heat; if you don’t stir constantly, brown spots will appear which could affect the smoothness of your mixture.
8. Cool the fudge completely before cutting into squares – though waiting is always difficult – but patience is worth rewarded here!
In conclusion, this Chocolate Espresso Fudge recipe is perfect for coffee and chocolate lovers out there. It is a simple yet delicious recipe that requires only a few easy-to-find ingredients. The combination of ground coffee, hot water, and instant espresso adds a deep and rich coffee flavor that complements the sweetness of the chocolate chips and marshmallow cream.
This recipe is versatile and customizable, allowing for substitutions and variations according to your preferences. It can also be paired with a variety of desserts or enjoyed on its own. Furthermore, it is easy to make ahead, store, and reheat, making it a convenient dessert option.
For those who love fudge but want to avoid dairy products, this recipe can be adapted to fit vegan lifestyles by using vegan chocolate and substitutes for evaporated milk and marshmallow cream.
Overall, this Chocolate Espresso Fudge recipe is an excellent addition to any dessert menu. Its balance of coffee and chocolate flavors will leave your taste buds craving more. Try it out today and indulge in the decadent delight of this delicious fudge!
Chocolate Espresso Fudge Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 7 ounces marshmallow cream
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 3 tablespoons ground coffee
- Lightly coat a 9x13 inch pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In large pan combine sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly over medium heat until candy thermometer reaches 230-235*.
- Remove from heat; add marshmallow creme and chocolate chips; blend until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a small cup or bowl, mix Instant Espresso and hot water together until dissolved, and add to mixture.
- Stir in ground coffee.
- Pour into prepared pan, cool at room temperature.
- Cut into bite size pieces,.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.