As a barista, I work with coffee every day, and I have come to know how versatile this beverage can be. While I love a classic hot cup of coffee, there is nothing quite like the cool, refreshing taste of a coffee shake. In this recipe article, I will be sharing with you my personal recipe for the best-ever coffee shake.
Coffee shakes are a unique way to enjoy the taste of coffee in a cold and creamy form. With just a few ingredients, you can create a drink that is both indulgent and energizing. This recipe uses vanilla ice cream, instant coffee powder, and milk to create a perfectly balanced flavor that will satisfy any coffee lover’s cravings.
I firmly believe that this coffee shake recipe is an excellent addition to anyone’s drink repertoire. Whether you’re looking to cool off on a hot summer day or simply want to switch up your morning routine, this shake is sure to do the trick. So let’s dive into the recipe and see just how easy it is to make!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
This coffee shake recipe is not your average milkshake. It’s the perfect beverage for any coffee lover who wants an extra boost of caffeine blended with a rich and velvety mixture of vanilla ice cream and cold brew coffee. You’ll love this recipe for its smooth, creamy texture that is lusciously indulgent, yet surprisingly easy to make.
Not only will this coffee shake please your taste buds, but it will also give you a healthy kick-start to your day with its caffeine content. Whether you’re looking for a breakfast shake or a late-night indulgence, this recipe will be your go-to beverage.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s entirely customizable according to your preferences. From the type of coffee you choose, to the amount of ice cream added or the toppings you use, this drink is versatile enough to suit anyone’s taste buds.
So, if you’re craving something sweet, caffeinated and creamy, look no further than our coffee shake recipe. We guarantee it’ll be love at first sip!
For this coffee shake recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Vanilla ice cream: 3 cups
- Coffee: ¾ cup of cold brew or strongly brewed coffee
- Milk: 1/2 cup of milk, almond milk or any plant-based milk you prefer
- Ripe banana: 1, for a creamier texture (optional)
- Instant coffee granules: 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla extract: 1 teaspoon
- Cocoa powder: 1 tablespoon to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Whipped cream: To top the shake (optional)
Substitutions and Variations:
- Instead of vanilla ice cream, you can use any other flavors including chocolate, caramel or peppermint.
- For caffeine-free option, omit the instant coffee granules and use decaf coffee instead.
- For a healthier version, try using vanilla protein powder in place of ice cream and sweeteners such as honey or agave syrup according to your taste.
- Add a tablespoon or two of chocolate syrup for a mocha flavor.
- Use ice cream blender to combine all of the ingredients smoothly into a delicious shake!
The Recipe How-To
- 1 cup cold coffee
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- Whipped cream and cocoa powder, for garnish (optional)
Brew a cup of strong coffee and let it cool down. If you have leftover cold coffee, even better!
In a blender jar or food processor, add the cold coffee, vanilla ice cream, sliced banana, instant coffee granules, vanilla extract, and chocolate syrup.
Blend the ingredients in the blender for about a minute or until you get a smooth and creamy mixture. If needed, add more milk or ice cream to get the desired consistency.
Once done, pour the coffee shake into a glass and top it off with whipped cream and cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.
Serve the shake immediately for best taste.
Enjoy your homemade coffee shake!
Substitutions and Variations
Incorporating substitutions or variations to the recipe can add new dimensions of flavor and texture to your coffee shake. Here are a few ideas to help you get started:
– For a mocha twist, stir in 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup or cocoa powder into your coffee shake before blending.
– If you prefer a healthy coffee smoothie that’s plant-based, swap the vanilla ice cream and milk for one ripe banana, one cup of unsweetened almond milk, and one scoop of vanilla protein powder.
– If you’re looking to reduce caffeine intake or want a milder flavor profile, use decaf instant coffee granules or sub some of the instant coffee with powdered milk.
– Want a more indulgent coffee shake? Swap the regular milk with cream, add more ice cream or whipped cream to the blender jar, and sprinkle cocoa powder or chocolate shavings on top of the whipped cream.
– To give your coffee shake a tropical kick, add half a ripe mango to the blender jar along with the vanilla ice cream, coffee granules, and milk.
No matter how you choose to customize your coffee shake recipe, remember that experimenting with different ingredients can lead to delicious surprises. Don’t be afraid to mix and match until you find your perfect blend.
Serving and Pairing
When it comes to serving and pairing your coffee shake, there are no hard and fast rules – after all, this recipe is all about indulging in a creamy coffee treat. That being said, there are certain tips to keep in mind that can elevate the experience even more.
Firstly, consider adding a dollop of whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup for an extra special touch. Not only will it add a visual appeal to your drink but also an additional layer of flavor.
Secondly, think about what food items would be complementary with your coffee shake. I suggest serving it alongside sweet treats like cookies, cupcakes, or even a slice of chocolate cake. This can help balance out the bitterness of the coffee and add some variety to your snack time.
Finally, if you are looking for a lighter option, consider pairing your coffee shake with fresh fruit options like berries or sliced banana. This can add natural sweetness without overwhelming the rich flavors of the shake.
Whatever you choose to pair with your coffee shake, just remember one thing: this drink is meant to be savored and enjoyed as a treat. So sit back, relax, and savor every last sip!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
As much as we love enjoying a freshly made coffee shake, there may be times when we need to make it ahead of time or have leftovers to store. Luckily, this recipe can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.
To make-ahead, simply prepare the coffee shake recipe as directed in a blender and store it in an airtight container. Before serving, give it a quick blend in the blender to refresh the consistency and texture. This will ensure that your coffee shake still tastes fresh and delicious even after sitting in the fridge.
If you have any leftover coffee shake, try storing it in an airtight container or jar for up to two days in the fridge. When you’re ready to enjoy it again, simply give it a good stir or blend in the blender to restore its creamy texture.
To reheat your coffee shake, simply pour it into a microwave-safe container and heat on medium heat in increments of 15 seconds, stirring in between until desired temperature is reached. Alternatively, you can pour your cold coffee shake into a pan and heat on low heat while stirring frequently until heated through.
One thing to keep in mind is that some separation may occur during storage or reheating. This is normal and can easily be fixed by giving your coffee shake a quick stir or blend before serving.
By following these storing and reheating tips, you can enjoy your delicious coffee shake at any time without worrying about losing its flavor or texture.
Tips for Perfect Results
As a barista, I have made countless coffee-based drinks, including coffee shakes. Here are my tips to ensure that you get the best and most delicious coffee shake possible.
1. Use high-quality ingredients: The key to making a delicious coffee shake is to use high-quality ingredients. Make sure that your coffee is brewed or made from instant coffee granules, and use only the best vanilla ice cream.
2. Use cold coffee: It’s important to use cold or room temperature coffee since it will blend better with the ice cream and create a smooth texture.
3. Adjust sweetness: Taste your shake after you’ve blended it and adjust the sweetness accordingly. If it’s too sweet, add more cold coffee or ice cream. If it’s not sweet enough, add some chocolate syrup or sugar.
4. Add protein powder: For a healthy twist, try adding vanilla protein powder for some extra nutrition and flavor.
5. Blend in stages: To get a smooth consistency without any lumps of ice cream or dry ingredients, blend your ingredients in stages. Start by blending your cold coffee and ice cream before adding any other ingredients.
6. Top with whipped cream: There’s nothing more satisfying than topping your coffee shake with a generous dollop of whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate syrup.
7. Experiment with flavors: Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors to find what suits you best! Try adding some bananas for a banana mocha shake or using almond milk instead of regular milk for a plant-based option.
Follow these simple tips, and you’ll have the best-ever homemade coffee shake in no time!
As with any recipe, you may have some questions when making your coffee shake. Don’t worry, I’ve got you covered! Here are some commonly asked questions and their answers to help you on your coffee milkshake journey.
How to make a coffee milkshake without a blender?
Alright, to make a creamy and delicious ice cream shake, here’s what you need to do. Firstly, grab a sizeable, microwave-safe jar and scoop some ice cream into it. Wait for the ice cream to soften to room temperature or give it a quick spin in the microwave for about 10 seconds.
Next, add some milk and any other mix-ins you prefer, such as chocolate chips, sprinkles or a spoonful of peanut butter. Now we are ready to mix it up! Seal the jar tightly with its lid, and let’s start shaking like it’s a dance party, put on your favorite song and shake vigorously until everything is well blended.
Finally, serve it up in a glass, or you can sip it straight from the jar if you’re feeling extra fancy, top it with a dollop of whipped cream and marvel at your creation. That’s an easy and decadent shake recipe for you to enjoy, guys!
Does coffee milkshake have coffee?
To whip up this delicious concoction, all you’ll need are a few basic ingredients: ice, coffee, sugar, and ice cream. With these simple items on hand, you’ll soon be savoring a refreshing and indulgent treat. First up, we’ll start with the ice. We’ll need to add as much of it as we desire to create a thick and creamy texture in our coffee mixture.
How do you make a shake?
To whip up a delicious milkshake, start by scooping some creamy ice cream into the blender. Next, pour in a splash of chilled milk. Once the ingredients are in the blender, give them a spin on low until the mixture is perfectly smooth.
Now, it’s time for the fun part: pouring the creamy concoction into a glass. Before you do so, don’t forget to add a generous dollop of whipped cream on top. For extra pizzazz, sprinkle on some colorful sprinkles. And for the ultimate finishing touch, add a cherry on top.
With these simple steps, your milkshake will look and taste like it’s fresh from an old-fashioned soda fountain.
Does coffee milkshake have caffeine?
If you’re looking for a scrumptious treat that’s packed with caffeine and coffee flavor, then this creamy espresso milkshake is exactly what you need. Top it off with whipped cream and some chocolate shavings or sprinkles to take your sipping experience to the next level. The result is a delectable, refreshing shake that you won’t be able to resist.
In conclusion, this coffee shake recipe is the perfect treat for any coffee lover. With its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can indulge in a delicious and refreshing drink any time of the day. Whether you’re looking for a quick morning pick-me-up or a cold and creamy treat on a hot summer day, this recipe has got you covered.
By using quality ingredients like vanilla ice cream, brewed coffee, and cocoa powder, you’ll get to experience the best ever coffee shake that’s both healthy and satisfying. And with the added protein from almond milk and vanilla protein powder, you can enjoy this drink guilt-free while still feeling energized and full.
So why not give this recipe a try? It’s an excellent alternative to your typical iced coffee or milkshake, and it’s even more delicious! Serve with whipped cream and chocolate syrup for an extra indulgent experience or swap out ingredients to create exciting variations. Trust me; once you try this coffee shake recipe, you’ll never go back to boring old drinks again.
Coffee Shake Recipe
- 1/2 cup coffee, brewed
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 tablespoon ice cream topping (I like caramel or chocolate)
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Adjust amounts to achieve desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.