Listen up, coffee lovers! I’ve got a fudge recipe for you that’s going to blow your mind. This is not just any ordinary fudge recipe, oh no. This is coffee shop fudge, made with the same premium ingredients that your local barista uses to create that perfect cup o’ Joe.
Picture this – a rich and decadent slice of fudge that boasts the flavors of freshly brewed coffee, creamy sweetened condensed milk, and rich semisweet chocolate. Imagine biting into a crunchy pecan that mixes perfectly with the soft fudgy texture. Sound like heaven? It is.
Now, some of you might be thinking “I’m not sure I can make this recipe myself.” But trust me – this is an easy recipe that even those who lack baking experience can master. With the right ingredients and a few easy steps, you’ll have people lined up at your door begging for a taste.
So are you ready to experience what I like to call the ultimate comfort food? Sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or better yet, start brewing it), and let’s get started on creating some of the most delicious coffee shop fudge you’ll ever taste.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Picture yourself strolling through the colorful streets of Italy, taking in its historic architecture and charming alleys. The sun is shining above you, and a warm breeze carries the heavenly scent of coffee fudge from a local coffee shop nearby. As you follow your nose, your anticipation heightens with every step. That first delicious bite will melt in your mouth and transport you to a place of pure bliss.
If you’re yearning for that kind of an experience, then this easy-to-make Coffee Shop Fudge Recipe is perfect for you! You’ll love how the flavors of dark chocolate and brewed coffee in this fudge come together to create an unforgettable taste of luxurious decadence!
This recipe is elaborate yet undemanding with its simple ingredient list including sweetened condensed milk, semisweet chocolate chips, brewed coffee, butter, vanilla extract, chopped pecans, ground cinnamon, and salt. You’ll be able to whip it up in no time, no matter how busy your days may get.
The addition of pecans enhances the texture by adding crunchiness and nuttiness to the fudge. The chocolate chips add richness and depth, while brewed coffee blends into the background as its robustness creates a perfect balance between creamy sweetness and savory indulgence.
The best part? You can customize it according to your taste preferences! Try swapping out semisweet chocolate chips for white chocolate chips or adding espresso powder for an additional note of boldness. You can also leave out the pecans if they are not your favorite nuts!
Trust me; once you savor a bite of this delicious recipe, it will quickly become one of your go-to desserts, especially when company comes around. Just sit back and watch as their eyes light up with pleasure with every bite they take.
So, if you want to be transported to the vibrant streets of Italia through a dessert recipe that captures its essence entirely – Then this Coffee Shop Fudge Recipe is truly perfect for you!
All great recipes start with a list of quality ingredients. For this coffee shop fudge recipe, we will need:
- 14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of strong brewed coffee (make sure it’s cooled down)
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter (plus extra for greasing the pan)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
For an added crunch and flavor, you can add:
- 3 cups of chopped pecans
- 1 cup of white chocolate or dark chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
If you want to make this recipe sweeter or less sweet, feel free to adjust the sugar amount. However, keep in mind that the sweetened condensed milk already has sugar in it, so use your judgement.
Make sure to have all the ingredients at room temperature before starting, as this will ensure that everything blends together smoothly.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we know the “Why” behind this recipe, let’s dive into the “How.” This coffee shop fudge recipe is the perfect treat to satisfy your sweet tooth while also giving you that caffeine fix you need. Here are the step-by-step instructions to make this delicious chocolate-coffee delight:
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee, cooled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of unsalted butter
- Grease a 9-inch square baking pan and then line it with parchment paper.
- In a double boiler, melt semisweet chocolate chips with sweetened condensed milk over medium heat. Stir every now and then to make sure everything is combined until smooth.
- Add the cooled brewed coffee to melted mixture along with salt and vanilla extract.
- Melt unsalted butter separately in a saucepan over medium-low heat and add it to the chocolate-coffee mixture.
- Stir in granulated sugar until combined completely.
- Cook the mixture over low to medium heat for about ten minutes or until the mixture comes together smoothly, stirring regularly.
- Pour half of the chocolate-coffee mixture into our prepared pan, sprinkle one cup of chopped pecans, and then pour remaining mixture on top.
- Garnish with another half-cup of chopped pecans and more chocolate chips, if desired.
- Let it cool at room temperature until set or in the refrigerator for an hour or more before slicing it.
Enjoy your homemade coffee-shop fudge and share it with your loved ones!
Substitutions and Variations
Hey there, curious cooks! If you’re feeling adventurous and want to put a twist on this coffee shop fudge recipe, here are some tips for substitutions and variations that might do the trick.
First off, let’s talk about nuts. Although pecans are a classic nut addition to fudge, you can swap them out with your favorite nut. Walnuts or almonds will work just as wonderfully. Hazelnuts also pair well with chocolate and coffee, so don’t be afraid to try them.
Switching up the chips is another way to make this recipe your own. If you’re not a fan of semisweet chocolate, use dark chocolate instead for a richer flavor. White chocolate chips will add some sweetness to contrast with the bitterness of the coffee. Or try making espresso fudge by using instant coffee powder and swapping out some of the semisweet chocolate chips with white chocolate chips.
For those who prefer a less sweet treat, cut back on the sugar crystals by 1/4 cup. But keep in mind that the sweetened condensed milk adds a lot of sweetness already.
If you’re vegan or lactose intolerant, use non-dairy alternatives such as coconut condensed milk and vegan butter instead of regular condensed milk and butter.
Lastly, sprinkling some salt on top of the fudge can enhance the flavors and add a touch of fancy to your dessert presentation.
Don’t be afraid to play around with these substitutions and variations to create a unique coffee shop fudge recipe that fits your taste buds – this easy recipe is very versatile!
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have your coffee shop fudge ready, it’s time to indulge in this rich and decadent dessert. While this fudge is perfect on its own, serving it with a piping hot cup of freshly brewed coffee takes it to the next level.
This coffee fudge is also great for sharing with friends, family or coworkers. You can serve them as a sweet addition to any brunch spread or impress your guests with a lavish dessert table. They are perfect for any occasion from morning coffee meetings to late-night gatherings.
When pairing this sweet treat with coffee, make sure to choose a brewing method that matches the intensity of the chocolatey flavor. If you’re using mild coffee, try pairing it with a white chocolate version of the fudge, while stronger brews go great with darker chocolate options or the espresso fudge variation.
However, if you’re looking for something a little different, don’t be afraid to experiment with different pairings. You could try serving them alongside some fresh berries or top them with a sprinkling of flaky sea salt to balance the sweetness. And for those who enjoy some extra crunch in their desserts, consider serving them along with some pecan brittle or candied nuts.
This dessert is perfect to serve at dinner parties or brunches but also makes a thoughtful edible gift. Homemade fudge wrapped up in wax paper and presented in a cute container like a mason jar gives off cozy vibes and feels extra special.
In short – this easy recipe is versatile and pairs well with many things, but nothing quite beats enjoying it alongside a steaming hot cup of joe that will complement your caffeine cravings perfectly.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to making fudge, most folks believe it’s a dessert that must be served fresh out of the oven, but with this coffee shop fudge recipe, you can easily make-ahead and store your fudge for longer lasting enjoyment.
To make things easy, you can prepare this coffee fudge in advance and store it in an airtight container either in the fridge or at room temperature. For best results, wrap the cooled fudge tightly with plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated for up to three weeks or frozen for up to one month.
If you’re planning on serving the fudge later, or if you’re looking to prepare a large batch in advance, there are some important steps to follow to ensure that the dessert stays fresh and delicious. One recommendation is to cut the fudge into bite-sized portions before wrapping them up. This makes it much easier to grab just as much as you need and to reheat individual pieces for quick enjoyment whenever you want.
To reheat your coffee shop fudge, simply remove it from its wrapping and place it on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave each piece at 10-second intervals until the desired temperature is achieved. You don’t want to overheat it or else it will melt into a sticky mess.
In addition, be sure to store each flavor of fudge separately so they don’t mix together during storage, changing their texture or flavor.
These make-ahead tips will help guarantee that your delicious coffee shop fudge remains fresh and flavorful even when stored or reheated – ever-ready for any unexpected guests dropping by or just as an after-dinner treat on a relaxing evening when you’re craving some chocolatey goodness.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making chocolate fudge, getting the perfect consistency can be tricky. But fear not, my coffee-loving friend! Here are my top tips for making the perfect Coffee Shop Fudge:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: The better the quality of ingredients you use, the better your fudge will turn out. Use good quality chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk for that rich and decadent flavor.
2. Make sure your fudge mixture is cooked to the right temperature: Use a candy thermometer to ensure that your fudge mixture reaches the right temperature of 235-240°F (113-116°C). This will result in a perfectly set fudge that’s not too hard or too soft.
3. Don’t over-stir your fudge mixture: Stirring your fudge mixture too much can cause it to become grainy and ruin the smooth texture. Be sure to gently stir your mixture just enough to combine all ingredients evenly.
4. Let your fudge cool before cutting: Be patient and allow your fudge to cool completely before cutting into pieces. This will give it time to set and make cutting into those perfect squares easier.
5. Add in extras at the right time: If you’re adding in pecans or other nuts, be sure to stir them in just before pouring the mixture into the pan. This ensures that they’re evenly distributed throughout the fudge.
6. Sprinkle some salt on top: A sprinkling of sea salt on top adds a nice contrast to this sweet indulgence and heightens its flavors.
7. Get creative with toppings: Don’t be afraid to experiment with topping variations; chopped nuts, a sprinkle of cocoa powder, or dark chocolate shavings can add an extra layer of flavor complexity.
By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to whipping up the perfect batch of Coffee Shop Fudge every single time!
Before we move on to the FAQ section of this article, let me remind you that a good fudge recipe always comes with a hint of mystery. Many factors can affect its outcome, from the type and quality of ingredients to the brewing method and equipment. However, fear not, as I’ve answered some of the most commonly asked questions about coffee shop fudge recipe below to help you avoid any potential pitfalls and ensure delicious results.
What is the secret to good fudge?
Making fudge is an art that requires a bit of precaution and patience, but the result is truly worth it. During the cooking process, avoid stirring the mixture to prevent any unwanted crystallization. Whether you prefer cooking it on the stove or in the microwave, ensure that sugar crystals do not stick to the sides of the pan by occasionally brushing the sides with a pastry brush.
Once the fudge is cooked, let it cool down before beginning to beat it. The sugar needs to crystallize again to create the perfect texture for the fudge. Take your time to beat the mixture until it reaches a smooth and creamy consistency. These small but essential tips will help you create velvety and delicious fudge every time.
How do you make Paula Deen fudge?
Let’s make a delectable chocolate treat – fudgy, sticky and mouth-watering squares. To whip up this dessert, we’ll start by heating up sugar, milk, butter and salt in a saucepan. Keep a watchful eye as it comes to boil, then continue stirring for five more minutes.
Next, toss in some chocolate chips and continue cooking until they’re fully dissolved. At this point, the sweet scent of chocolate is sure to permeate the air two-fold. Now, take it off the heat and add in some marshmallows, vanilla and nuts. Keep stirring until it’s perfectly blended.
To make sure we get the perfect, solid texture for our chocolate square, we’ll pour the mixture into an 8-inch pan, letting it spread out evenly. Then we’ll let it cool completely, and once it’s set, we’ll slice it into squares. This easy recipe is guaranteed to have everyone who tries it lick the plate clean!
What ingredient makes fudge hard?
When it comes to candies, sugar crystals are usually seen as unwanted. However, fudge is an exception to this rule, as tiny microcrystals are crucial in giving it its signature texture. While these crystals are small enough to not feel gritty on the tongue, they are still responsible for giving fudge its smooth firmness.
Why is my condensed milk fudge too sticky?
One common error in making fudge is failing to achieve the appropriate temperature. When this happens, the end result may be too gooey, or it may not solidify as it cools. To prevent this, it’s highly recommended to use a candy thermometer to monitor and maintain the temperature of the mixture. The recipe usually specifies the required temperature, usually around 234 to 239°F. With this temperature control, you can avoid the pitfall of undercooked fudge.
In conclusion, this coffee shop fudge recipe is a decadent and delicious treat that you don’t want to miss. With its rich and velvety texture, deep chocolate coffee flavor, and creamy sweetened condensed milk, every bite is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. The addition of chopped pecans adds a fantastic nutty crunch to it, while the touch of vanilla extract gives it a warm and comforting aroma.
Whether you want a sweet snack to accompany your morning cup of coffee or a delightful dessert for after dinner, this coffee shop fudge recipe is perfect for any occasion. It’s easy to make, requires simple ingredients that you likely already have in your pantry, and it can be customized with various substitutions and variations to make it even more personal.
So what are you waiting for? Gather up your ingredients and make this delicious coffee fudge recipe today. Trust me; once you take the first bite, you’ll be hooked! Don’t forget to pair it with a freshly brewed cup of coffee or tea for an ultimate indulgence. Happy baking!
Coffee Shop Fudge Recipe
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 18 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed coffee (room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line an 8" square pan with foil. Butter the foil and set aside.
- Place pecans in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute; set aside.
- In a 2 quart microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips, milk, coffee, cinnamon, and salt.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1 1/2 minutes, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Immediately spread into the prepared pan.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
- Remove from pan; cut into 1" squares.
- Cover and store at room temperature.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.