Welcome to my easy morning coffee rolls recipe! I’m here to help you satisfy your cravings for scrumptious cinnamon rolls with a fusion of two delicious flavors: coffee and chocolate. These soft and fluffy rolls are perfect for any occasion – from a cozy weekend breakfast with family to a potluck or holiday party.
Whether you are an experienced baker or just beginning, this recipe is easy to follow and yields great results. You won’t need fancy equipment or ingredients, just simple pantry staples. You’ll be amazed by how the aroma of ground cinnamon, brown sugar, and pecans will fill your kitchen as these mocha morning rolls bake to perfection.
As a barista, I know that coffee fuels our mornings and helps us power through our day. Hence, it was only natural for me to create a recipe that incorporates coffee and gives you an extra kick-start in the morning. These caffeine-infused rolls will not only awaken your senses but also satisfy your sweet tooth.
Get ready to impress your friends and family with homemade mocha morning rolls that taste even better than those from Cinnabon! Trust me; once you try this recipe out, you can never go back to store-bought rolls again. So grab your apron, preheat your oven, and let’s get baking together!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are a coffee lover and enjoy starting your day with a warm, sweet treat, then this Easy Morning Coffee Rolls Recipe is something you don’t want to miss out on. This recipe is the perfect fusion of two delicious flavors – coffee and cinnamon – combined to make soft and indulgent rolls.
Imagine waking up to the aroma of freshly baked cinnamon rolls infused with the bold and rich flavor of coffee. These rolls are not only easy to make but will also provide you with an indulgent way to start your day. Whether you crave something sweet or need an extra boost of caffeine, this recipe has got you covered.
Furthermore, this recipe includes whole milk, which gives the rolls a rich velvety texture while keeping them moist and tender on the inside. The use of pecans, brown sugar, and ground cinnamon in the filling creates a perfect balance of sweetness and crunchiness, making them utterly irresistible.
These morning coffee rolls are easy to customize; you can experiment with different types of nuts, add chocolate chips or swap out the filling for your favorite jam. You can even mix it up by making a mocha version with hints of chocolate throughout.
Whether you bake these for breakfast, brunch or as an afternoon snack, they’re sure to impress even the most discerning sweet tooth. Trust me; once you take your first bite, you’ll be hooked. So why not give our Easy Morning Coffee Rolls Recipe a try? You won’t be disappointed!
For the Dough:
- 2 1/4 teaspoons (1 package) Active Dry Yeast
- 1 cup (240ml) Whole Milk, warmed to 110–115°F (43–46°C)
- 1/4 cup (50g) Granulated Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 4 and 1/2 cups (540g) All-Purpose Flour, plus more for dusting work surface
- 1/3 cup (75g) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature and cut into pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
For the Filling:
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) Granulated Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Instant Yeast
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- A pinch of Salt
For the Frosting:
- 3 ounces Cream Cheese, softened to room temperature
- 6 Tablespoons (90g) Unsalted Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups (240g) Confectioners’ Sugar or Granulated Sugar
All of these ingredients come together to make soft and cinnamon-y rolls. Feel free to adjust the recipe based on your personal preference, but keep in mind that these ingredient ratios have been perfected over time for an ideal flavor profile.
The Recipe How-To
To start making the Easy Morning Coffee Rolls Recipe, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and grease a 9×13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Then, in a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup of warm low-fat milk with 1 packet (2 1/4 tsp) of active dry yeast and 1 teaspoon of granulated sugar, and set it aside for about 5 minutes until frothy.
In a separate larger bowl, whisk together 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Once combined, stir in the yeast mixture and an egg until the dough starts to come together.
Next, flour a surface area and knead the dough for about 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough ball in a greased bowl cover it with a clean kitchen towel or wrap it in plastic wrap. Allow it to rise for about an hour in a warm place.
After an hour, roll out the dough to form a rectangle that is approximately 12×16 inches. Spread overtop with 4 ounces of softened butter then sprinkle on top evenly with 1 cup of brown sugar and two tablespoons of ground cinnamon.
Roll up dough tightly starting at one end, place seam side down then cut into slices that are around one inch thick using a sharp knife or floss between each slice. Place the slices into the greased dish allowing some space between each roll.
While this is becoming part of your daily morning routine, mix up any leftover filling from your roll to make your very own homemade mocha frosting! Combine equal parts double cream and melted chocolate followed by a tablespoon instant coffee granules.
Now bake for around twenty-five minutes or until golden brown on the edges, leave them to cool on a wire rack for at least five minutes before serving. These morning coffee rolls will be perfect to share with family and friends.
Substitutions and Variations
Coffee cinnamon rolls are already a delightful and indulgent treat, but did you know you can customize them according to your taste preference? Here are some substitution and variation ideas that you can use with the recipe:
– Pecan-less version: If you or your loved one is allergic to nuts or simply not a fan of pecans, you can leave them out and still enjoy the heavenly aroma of cinnamon in your baked rolls.
– Add raisins or chocolate chips: For an extra layer of sweetness, try adding raisins or chocolate chips on top of the cinnamon-sugar mixture before rolling up the dough.
– Vegan version: You can make a vegan version of coffee cinnamon rolls by substituting butter with coconut oil, egg with flaxseed meal, and milk with non-dairy milk alternatives such as almond milk or soy milk.
– Gluten-free version: If you have celiac disease or gluten intolerance, you can swap all-purpose flour with a gluten-free flour blend. However, keep in mind that the texture and taste may differ slightly from the original version.
– Sticky bun variation: To create a sticky bun variation, mix brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup in a saucepan until it thickens. Pour the mixture in a baking dish, arrange pecans on top, and place the dough rolls on it before baking.
– Mocha morning rolls fusion: If you want to experiment with different flavors, try making mocha morning rolls by adding cocoa powder or melting some chocolate chips into the dough. You can also mix instant coffee granules in the icing for an intense coffee flavor.
Overall, these substitutions and variations allow for more customization options and introduce new flavors to traditional coffee cinnamon rolls. With these ideas in mind, feel free to get creative in the kitchen and make your very own personalized batch of mouth-watering morning buns!
Serving and Pairing
Nothing beats waking up to the smell of freshly baked coffee cinnamon rolls. These rolls make the perfect breakfast treat but can also double as dessert. Serve them on their own or pair them with a hot cup of coffee, tea or milk.
For the ultimate mocha morning experience, pair these coffee cinnamon rolls with a piping hot homemade mocha latte. The fusion of two delicious flavors, coffee and chocolate, is simply irresistible.
During the holiday season, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the rolls to add a festive touch. Alternatively, you can also drizzle some cream cheese icing on top for an indulgent treat.
If you’re feeling adventurous, try transforming these rolls into a sticky bun or even a roll cake recipe. With just a few adjustments and additions to your recipe, you can create an entirely new and unique treat.
For vegan options, substitute milk with almond milk or soy milk and replace butter with coconut oil. These substitutions give these rolls an extra layer of flavor while still retaining their signature taste.
Whether enjoyed warm or at room temperature, coffee cinnamon rolls are sure to delight your taste buds. Serve them in small batches or make a whole batch for family and friends to enjoy. Bon appétit!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
The beauty of these morning coffee rolls lies in their versatility – you can make them ahead of time and save yourself plenty of trouble on the morning of. In fact, these rolls are the perfect make-ahead treat for that special occasion breakfast, like Christmas or Thanksgiving.
To make these rolls ahead of time, prepare the dough up until the point of baking; cover and place in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, let the dough come to room temperature before proceeding with the recipe as normal. For an even quicker breakfast, you can also prepare and bake them fully ahead of time, then store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.
If you are lucky enough to have some leftover rolls (highly unlikely!), they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days as well. Just be sure to reheat them before enjoying. To reheat, simply warm them in a low oven (around 300°F) for about 10 minutes or until heated through.
These morning coffee rolls are a treat that is best enjoyed fresh, but with some planning and preparation, you can enjoy them anytime. Whether it’s straight out of the oven or reheated from the day before, these rolls are sure to be a hit with any crowd.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making coffee cinnamon rolls, the process can seem intimidating at first. However, with a few helpful tips, you’ll be able to bake these delicious rolls effortlessly.
First and foremost, it’s crucial to measure your ingredients carefully. Even small deviations in measurements can result in significant differences in the texture and flavor of your dough. Therefore, invest in a good-quality kitchen scale for accurate and consistent measurements.
Another tip for perfect results is to avoid overmixing the dough. Overworking the dough can result in tough rolls instead of light and fluffy ones. Mix only until all the ingredients come together, and then knead gently until the dough is smooth.
It’s also important to let the dough rest properly if you want soft and fluffy rolls. Once you’ve mixed and kneaded your dough, let it rise in a warm place until it has doubled in size. This usually takes about 1-2 hours but may vary depending on factors like room temperature.
When rolling out the dough, make sure to dust your surface with flour generously to prevent sticking. This will also help you roll out an even sheet of dough for consistent-sized rolls.
For added flavor, try using freshly brewed coffee instead of water or milk when making the dough. Coffee adds a subtle richness and depth of flavor that complements cinnamon well.
Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different toppings or additions such as pecans or cream cheese frosting. Make sure to follow the recipe’s cooking time and temperature guidelines closely for optimal results.
With these tips in mind, you’ll be able to create mouth-watering coffee cinnamon rolls every time. So go ahead and enjoy your homemade treats!
In conclusion, the Easy Morning Coffee Rolls Recipe is a perfect treat for those who love coffee cinnamon rolls or just want to enjoy a new twist on traditional cinnamon rolls. With its fusion of two delicious flavors – coffee and chocolate – it makes for soft and scrumptious rolls that are perfect for any occasion.
Whether you are looking for a quick and easy breakfast or a sweet treat for your next holiday meal, this recipe has got you covered. Plus, with its simple ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, even beginner bakers can achieve perfect results.
So why not try making these homemade mocha morning rolls today? You won’t be disappointed! Bon appétit!
Easy Morning Coffee Rolls Recipe
- 2 ounces active dry yeast (2 packages)
- 2/3 cup warm low-fat milk (105-110 F)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside. In a small bowl, sprinkle yeast over warm milk. Let stand until foamy, about 5-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Stir yeast mixture, oil, and egg into flour mixture until a dough forms.
- To prepare filling, in a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, pecans, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 5 minutes. Divide dough in half. Roll each half to a 12x9-inch rectangle.
- Sprinkle each rectangle with half of the filling, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Lightly press filling into dough. Starting with a short side, roll up dough, jelly-roll style. Cut each piece into 6 rolls. Place rolls in prepared pan. Cover; let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool slightly. Serve warm.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.