Attention all coffee lovers and chocolate enthusiasts! This Mexican Coffee Fudge recipe is something you’ll want to add to your must-try list. It’s a fusion of delicious flavors that will leave you wanting more after just one bite. As a barista, I have had my fair share of coffee and fudge, and trust me when I say that this recipe is unlike any other.
The distinct flavor of Mexican coffee combined with sweetened condensed milk and the richness of chocolate creates the perfect balance of sweet and bold flavors in every bite. This recipe is a great way to switch up your regular cup of joe or ordinary dessert selection.
Whether it’s for an after-dinner snack or a party treat, this recipe is sure to turn heads and tantalize taste buds. So let’s get started on making the best coffee fudge out there!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you are a coffee lover with a sweet tooth, this Mexican coffee fudge recipe is sure to become your new favorite. This delightful dessert boasts of rich and decadent flavors that are guaranteed to satisfy your sweet cravings while warming up your senses with the aromatic coffee flavor.
What sets this recipe apart from regular fudge recipes is the incorporation of Mexican coffee and cinnamon, which gives it a distinct spiced and nutty flavor profile. The combination of milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips makes for the perfect blend that will make it hard to resist taking another bite.
One of the best things about this recipe is how easy it is to prepare. You only need a few basic ingredients like unsalted butter, granulated sugar, instant espresso powder, condensed milk, ground cinnamon, and chocolate chips to whip up a batch of delicious fudge in no time. Moreover, you can adjust the sweetness according to your taste buds by altering the amount of sugar or substituting semi-sweet chocolate chips for the milk chocolate ones.
The Mexican coffee fudge recipe is versatile enough to be served on any occasion – whether as an after-dinner dessert or as an afternoon snack with your favorite hot beverage. It also makes for an excellent homemade gift that you can personalize with creative packaging and a handwritten note.
So, if you’re looking for something indulgent yet easy to prepare, this recipe is definitely worth trying out! With its rich aroma and heavenly taste, it’s sure to become a regular in your dessert rotation.
- Unsalted butter, 1 cup
- Granulated sugar, 3 cups
- Ground cinnamon, 2 tsp
- Instant espresso powder, 2 tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk, 1 can (14 oz)
- Mexican chocolate, 4 oz, chopped
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 cups
- Instant coffee granules, 1 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon, ½ tsp
- Sweetened condensed milk, 1 can (14 oz)
- Butter, 3 tbsp
- Granulated sugar, 3 cups
- Salt (heavy), a pinch
- Espresso powder, instant, 2 teaspoon
- Evaporated milk, 1 can (12 oz)
- Brewed coffee, cooled, ½ cup
- Dark chocolate chips,¾ lb
- Sweetened condensed milk,1 can (14 oz)
- Instant espresso powder, instant 1.5 Tsp
- A pinch of salt
You can also add any ingredients you like to make your own variations.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have gathered all the necessary ingredients, let’s move on to the fun part of making Mexican Coffee Fudge! Follow these instructions closely and you will be rewarded with a rich and delicious treat.
Step 1: Prepare the Pan
First things first. Grease an 8×8 inch square baking pan with unsalted butter. This will prevent the fudge from sticking to the pan while it sets.
Step 2: Combine Ingredients in a Large Pot
Next, melt 3 cups of granulated sugar, 3/4 cup of unsalted butter, and 1 can (14 oz) of sweetened condensed milk over medium heat in a large, heavy-bottomed pot.
Step 3: Indulge in Coffee Flavor
Stir in 1/4 cup of brewed coffee, 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon, 2 tablespoons of instant espresso powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Step 4: Add Chocolate and Mix
Add 2 cups of chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips to the pot, stirring until they are melted and well combined with the other ingredients.
Step 5: Pour Mixture Into Prepared Pan
Pour the mixture into the prepared pan, spreading it evenly with a spatula. If desired, decorate with extra chocolate chips or drizzles of melted chocolate chips.
Step 6: Chill Fudge Before Serving
Let your fudge chill for at least two hours before serving. To speed up this process, you can place your fudge in the fridge. Once chilled, cut into squares and serve immediately.
With these steps, making Mexican Coffee Fudge should be easy-peasy! Enjoy this decadent dessert on its own or with a glass of milk, coffee or Baileys Irish Cream.
Substitutions and Variations
When it comes to Mexican Coffee Fudge, there are plenty of ways to play around and make it your own. Here are some substitutions and variations that you can try out:
– Instead of using unsalted butter, you can use salted butter or even margarine. However, keep in mind that the salt content may vary depending on the brand you use, so adjust accordingly.
– If you’re not a fan of instant espresso powder or coffee granules, you can substitute those with brewed coffee instead. Simply replace the amount of coffee granules called for in the recipe with an equal amount of strong brewed coffee.
– Add nuts or dried fruits to your fudge for extra texture and flavor. Pecans, almonds, raisins, and cranberries are all great options that pair well with Mexican Coffee Fudge.
– Swap out the chocolate chips for white chocolate or butterscotch chips to change up the taste profile. You could even try mixing the different types of chips together for a more complex flavor.
– For a spicy twist on this classic recipe, try adding a pinch of cayenne pepper or chili powder to your fudge mixture.
– Use different types of chocolate in your fudge for varied taste and texture. Dark chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate, and milk chocolate all work well in this recipe.
No matter what substitutions or variations you decide to make, be creative and have fun! The possibilities are endless with Mexican Coffee Fudge.
Serving and Pairing
Now comes the fun part – serving and pairing your delicious Mexican Coffee Fudge!
First things first, I suggest cutting the fudge into small bite-sized pieces. The combination of coffee, cinnamon and chocolate can be quite rich, so a little bit goes a long way. Plus, smaller pieces make for better portion control.
As for pairing suggestions, this fudge goes perfectly with a hot cup of coffee or espresso. You can also pair it with a glass of cold milk or some creamy vanilla ice cream to balance out the intense flavors. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you could even try adding a dollop of Baileys Irish Cream or peppermint schnapps to your coffee for an extra kick.
But why stop there? This fudge also pairs well with other desserts such as chocolate cake or brownies. Go ahead and get creative – there are no rules when it comes to food pairings!
Keep in mind that this Mexican Coffee Fudge is already bursting with flavor and complexity, so choose pairing options that complement rather than overpower it. With the right pairing, this dessert will elevate any occasion to the next level!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
When it comes to making Mexican coffee fudge, one of the best things about it is that you can make it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for several days or even weeks. This means you can prepare a batch of this delicious dessert well in advance, perfect for when you are entertaining guests or simply want to indulge in a sweet treat whenever you feel like it.
To make-ahead, let the fudge cool completely at room temperature before cutting it into bite-size pieces. Place them in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Make sure to store the fudge away from foods with strong odors to avoid any unpleasant flavors or aromas being absorbed.
When reheating, take out the fudge from the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about 15 minutes to soften up before serving. You can also place your desired amount of fudge onto a microwave-safe plate and heat on low for 10-second intervals until warmed through.
If you are planning on storing the Mexican coffee fudge for an extended period, consider freezing it instead. Wrap each piece individually with plastic wrap and store them in an airtight container or sealed freezer bag. They will last up to six months stored this way.
Now that you know all about how to make-ahead, store, and reheat this scrumptious treat, enjoy every piece while they’re fresh or preserved till you’re ready to serve!
Tips for Perfect Results
As a barista and someone who has made this Mexican Coffee Fudge recipe many times, I’ve learned a thing or two about getting the perfect results. Here are some tips to help you achieve the best possible outcome:
1. Use quality ingredients: The better quality your ingredients, the better your fudge will taste. So don’t skimp on the chocolate, use good quality instant coffee granules or espresso powder, and go for unsalted butter.
2. Measure accurately: With fudge recipes, precision is key. Too much of one ingredient can throw off the texture and flavor of your final product. Use measuring cups and spoons to ensure accuracy.
3. Cook it just right: Cooking time for fudge is critical. Cook it too long and it will be dry and crumbly; cook it too little and it will be too soft and won’t set properly. Use a candy thermometer to help you get the temperature just right.
4. Don’t rush the cooling process: Resist the urge to cut into the fudge before it has cooled completely. Rushing this step can cause the fudge to crack or become grainy.
5. Pay attention to texture: When making fudge, there’s a sweet spot where the mixture is smooth and glossy but not too hot or too cool. This is when you want to start stirring in any additions like chocolate chips or nuts.
6. Customize with spices: For a truly authentic Mexican Coffee Fudge recipe experience, add cinnamon, nutmeg or chili powder if you’re feeling adventurous.
If you follow these tips, you’ll be rewarded with rich, creamy, melt-in-your-mouth Mexican Coffee Fudge that will impress all your friends and family!
In conclusion, this Mexican Coffee Fudge recipe is a must-try for all coffee and fudge lovers out there. With its rich and bold flavors of coffee, chocolate, and cinnamon, it�s a treat that you won�t be able to resist. This recipe is incredibly easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. So, put on your apron and get ready to impress your friends and family with this amazing dessert.
Remember to pay attention to the tips provided in this article to get that perfect consistency for your fudge. Whether you decide to stick with the standard recipe or experiment with some of the variations provided, you�re sure to have a delicious treat in the end.
So go ahead and try out this delicious Mexican Coffee Fudge recipe now. Indulge yourself in this sweet and spicy delight!
Mexican Coffee Fudge Recipe
- 2 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (or more if you like)
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- Butter an 8" square baking dish and set aside.
- Dissolve the instant espresso powder and cinnamon in 3 teaspoons of hot water. Stir until a paste forms, and set aside.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, sugar, butter and chocolate over a medium heat until it reaches a boil. Do not stir or scrape down sides.
- Lower heat, add a candy thermometer and heat (without stirring) until mixture reaches softball stage (238°F).
- Remove from heat; allow to cool to 110°F, then with a rubber spatula scrape in espresso mixture. In an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat mixture until it loses its gloss and thickens.
- Spread fudge evenly into prepared 8" square pan. Let cool for 20 minutes, then cut into 12 pieces.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.