Delicious Mocha Frappe Recipe: Satisfy Your Sweet Cravings
Are you someone who can never resist a delicious, refreshing drink on a hot summer day? Whether you’re lounging by the pool or on your midday break, there’s nothing quite like a satisfying beverage to quench your thirst and satisfy your cravings. Well, coffee lovers rejoice! This recipe for a simple mocha frappe is sure to become your go-to drink of choice.
As a barista, I’ve seen countless customers enjoy this drink that’s made with brewed coffee and chocolate milk. It’s the perfect blend of robust coffee flavor mixed with creamy chocolate goodness. And with whipped cream on top, it’s an indulgent treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. But don’t be intimidated by the fancy name – this easy homemade mocha frappuccino recipe is a quick and simple alternative to heading out to Starbucks or McDonald’s for their mocha frappé drinks.
So why not save yourself some money and try making this tasty concoction right at home? All you need are a few ingredients and a blender. So let’s get started and make this delicious mocha frappé recipe together!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a mocha lover? Can’t get enough of that rich chocolatey goodness in your coffee? Then this simple mocha frappe recipe is perfect for you! Not only is it easy to make, but it is also incredibly delicious and refreshing on a hot summer day.
What’s not to love about this creamy and indulgent drink? It’s made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. You can use brewed coffee or even coffee ice cream as the base, which makes this recipe very versatile. The addition of chocolate syrup and milk gives it that extra kick of sweetness that we all crave from time to time.
One of the best things about this recipe is that you can customize it to your liking. Want it sweeter? Add more chocolate syrup or sugar. Want it less sweet? Just reduce the amount of syrup and sugar in the recipe. Want to make it even more decadent? Add whipped cream or a drizzle of chocolate sauce on top.
But what really sets this homemade mocha frappuccino apart is how much money you will save compared to buying one at Starbucks or McDonald’s. Not only that, but you have the freedom to adjust the recipe to suit your own taste preferences.
So go ahead and try this easy homemade mocha frappuccino recipe today. I guarantee that once you take that first sip, you’ll be hooked!
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this easy homemade mocha frappé recipe:
For the Coffee Ice:
- Coffee – 2 cups of strong brewed coffee
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- Chocolate Syrup – 2 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- Whole Milk – 1/4 cup of whole milk
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a large ice cube tray and freeze solid, for at least 4 hours.
For the Mocha Frappé:
- Strong Brewed Coffee – 1 cup
- Whole Milk – 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar – 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- Chocolate Syrup – 3 tablespoons of chocolate syrup
- Coffee Ice Cubes – 3 cups of coffee ice cubes
Blend all the ingredients together in a blender until smooth. Adjust the sweetness according to your taste by adding another tablespoon of sugar or chocolate syrup. If you prefer a thicker consistency, add more ice cubes. Serve immediately and top with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
The Recipe How-To
Now, it’s time for the most important part- making the Simple Mocha Frappe recipe. Before starting, make sure you have all your ingredients measured and ready to use.
Step 1: Brew Coffee and Freeze It
Firstly, brew a cup of strong coffee using your preferred method. Once brewed, let it cool to room temperature. Pour it into the ice cube tray, then freeze until solid, for about 3-4 hours.
Step 2: Blend the Ingredients
In a blender, add two cups of ice, one cup of whole milk or cream, two tablespoons of chocolate syrup, one tablespoon of granulated sugar, and two tablespoons of brewed coffee (or more if you prefer stronger coffee taste). Blend using a smoothie or pulse setting until smooth.
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy
After blending, pour into a glass and top with whipped cream and more chocolate syrup to your liking. Insert a straw and enjoy your homemade mocha frappuccino immediately.
Make sure you also have some extra frozen coffee cubes in case you want to add more coffee flavor or make the frappe thicker.
Optional Step: Customize Your Drink
If you want to customize your drink or add variations to it, below are some suggestions:
- For a dark chocolate taste instead of milk chocolate, substitute the chocolate syrup with dark chocolate sauce.
- Add 1/4 cup of coffee ice cream for an extra creamy texture and taste.
- Make a peppermint mocha frappe by adding 2 teaspoons of peppermint extract in step 2.
- Make it healthier by using skim milk or non-dairy milk substitute like almond milk or soy milk.
- Use whole milk or half-and-half for a richer drink.
- For less sweet drink, change the sugar amount added with only 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- If you’re dairy intolerant, use any non-dairy milk options such as nut milks and coconut milk.
With these tips and simple steps in mind, you are now ready to make a delicious homemade Mocha Frappe.
Substitutions and Variations
If you’re feeling creative and want to experiment with new flavors and textures, this recipe is versatile enough to allow for some substitutions and variations. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
– Swap out the coffee ice cream for vanilla or chocolate chip ice cream for a different twist on the classic mocha frappe.
– Use almond milk or soy milk instead of cow’s milk for a dairy-free and vegan option.
– Add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to give your frappe a warm and cozy flavor.
– For an extra indulgent treat, top your mocha frappe with whipped cream, sprinkles, or drizzles of caramel or chocolate sauce.
– Make it a holiday-themed drink by adding in some peppermint extract or crushed candy canes.
– For a stronger coffee flavor, use espresso shots instead of brewed coffee.
– If you prefer a lighter version of this recipe, replace the half-and-half with skim milk or low-fat milk.
Remember that experimentation is key when it comes to creating the perfect drink for your taste buds. Don’t be afraid to mix things up and try something new – who knows, you might just find your new favorite frappe recipe!
Serving and Pairing
The indulgent Mocha Frappe is a treat that can be enjoyed any time of day. This delicious frappe pairs perfectly with breakfast pastries, muffins, and croissants. You can also enjoy it as a dessert after dinner or as an afternoon pick-me-up.
For an added twist in flavor, you can serve your homemade Mocha Frappe with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle some chocolate syrup on top. You can even sprinkle some cocoa powder to enhance the chocolate taste. For added texture, you could add chocolate chips or cookie crumbs on top of the whipped cream too!
If you want to enjoy the frappe at home with friends, then serving it in tall glasses with straws will give it a classic café look. If you want to take it on the go, then pour it into a bottle or travel mug for a tasty and refreshing drink on your commute or during your outdoor activities.
The Mocha Frappe is also versatile when it comes to pairing with other foods. You can surely have it with almost any snack, but it goes especially well with pastry items like croissants, scones or apple turnovers. It could also be paired deliciously with savory brunch items like bagels with cream cheese or quiches.
Whether enjoyed alone or paired with other snacks, the Mocha Frappe is guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings while providing the perfect caffeine boost to keep you going throughout the day.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Now that you’ve mastered this easy homemade mocha frappuccino recipe, you may be wondering if it is possible to make-ahead, store and reheat your delicious creation. Let’s explore the best ways to preserve your precious drink!
Firstly, you can easily make and store this mocha frappe in the freezer. Prepare the frappe but do not add whipped cream on top. Pour into an airtight container and freeze for four hours or even overnight. When you’re ready to enjoy your frozen treasure, place your frozen mocha frappuccino in the refrigerator until it becomes slushy and easy to mix. Add some whipped cream and give it a stir before serving in a chilled glass.
If you don’t want to freeze it, storing the frappe in the fridge works too. Keep in mind that homemade mocha frappe tastes its best when consumed immediately after blending, so storing should only be done when absolutely necessary. You should consume a refrigerated mocha within 24 hours, and make sure to store it with whipped cream added on top of the drink mixture.
Reheating this drink isn’t recommended as this may affect its consistency and texture, but for those who must reheat their drinks, putting it in a microwave-proof cup for about 10-15 seconds on high heat should be enough.This will bring out closer flavors minus the desired foam or top layers. Remember that adding new toppings, such as whipped cream or chocolate syrup are essential to restoring acidity, sweetness levels and overall deliciousness.
Ultimately, enjoying fresh homemade mocha frappuccino is ideal for its refreshing caffeine boost and smooth taste.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making a perfect mocha frappe, the key is in the details. Here are some tips that helped me master this recipe over the years:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: The better the ingredients, the better the result. Splurging on a good coffee blend, top-notch chocolate syrup, and rich ice cream can make all the difference in your homemade mocha frappe.
2. Brew strong coffee: When making coffee for your mocha frappe, brew it extra strong to ensure that it doesn’t get diluted when you add ice and other ingredients.
3. Freeze your coffee: Instead of using regular ice cubes that may water down your drink, use frozen coffee cubes made from leftover brewed coffee. Simply pour leftover brewed coffee into an ice cube tray, freeze overnight, and use as needed.
4. Add ice gradually: When adding ice to your blender, add it gradually rather than all at once to ensure a smooth and creamy consistency.
5. Don’t skimp on blending time: Blend your ingredients for at least 30 seconds to ensure everything is fully incorporated and you achieve the right texture.
6. Garnish creatively: A homemade mocha frappe is not complete without a dollop of whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. Get creative with your garnishes by adding chocolate shavings or crushed cookies.
By following these tips, you will be able to create a delicious and easy homemade mocha frappe that rivals even those sold at chain coffee stores like Starbucks or McDonald’s.
As you prepare to whip up this tasty mocha frappe, you might have some questions lingering in your mind. To help you out, I’ve compiled a list of the most commonly asked questions and their corresponding answers. So, let’s dive right into it!
What is a Mocha Frappé made of?
For our delicious Mocha Coffee Frappe, we craft a base using a blend of cream, skim milk, water, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, coffee extract, cocoa, and a range of natural and artificial flavors. To achieve the perfect texture, we also add mono and diglycerides, guar gum, carrageenan, locust bean gum, disodium phosphate, and potassium citrate. Plus, we use food coloring to give our frappe its signature hue, including Red 40, Yellow 5, and Blue 1.
What are the ingredients in a Mcdonald’s frappe?
To make our signature coffee drink, we’ll need a handful of ingredients that combine to create a creamy and delicious beverage. These ingredients include cream, skim milk, sugar, water, high fructose corn syrup, milk, coffee extract, natural and artificial flavors, mono & diglycerides, guar gum, potassium citrate, disodium phosphate, carrageenan, and locust bean gum. With these ingredients on hand, we’re ready to whip up a refreshing drink that’s perfect for any time of day.
What is the difference between a mocha and a frappe?
In the world of coffee, there are many different types of drinks to choose from. If you’re looking for something cold and refreshing, a Frappe may be just what you need. For a chocolate fix, a Mocha is the way to go. If you prefer a milder espresso taste, a Latte may be more your style. And if you want to get fancy, a Cappuccino with foamy milk on top is a classic choice. Don’t forget the option to add extra flavors such as vanilla, hazelnut or almond to any variety of latte or mocha.
In conclusion, this simple mocha frappe recipe is the perfect way to get your coffee fix and indulge in some chocolatey goodness. It’s easy to make at home and requires only a handful of ingredients, many of which you probably already have on hand.
With its rich and creamy texture, this homemade mocha frappuccino is sure to satisfy your craving for something sweet and satisfying. The combination of coffee ice cream, chocolate milk, and chocolate syrup creates a deliciously decadent drink that’s hard to resist.
So why spend money on expensive coffee shop drinks when you can easily make your own copycat mocha frappuccino at home? In addition to being more affordable, making your own drinks allows you to tailor them to your personal preferences and dietary needs.
Whether you’re looking for a mid-afternoon pick-me-up or a sweet treat to indulge in, this mocha frappe recipe is sure to please. So what are you waiting for? Grab your blender, gather your ingredients, and start blending up a batch of this delicious and easy homemade mocha frappe.
Simple Mocha Frappe Recipe
- 3 frozen coffee ice cubes
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk (store bought)
- 1 scoop coffee ice cream (I like starbucks java chip)
- Note: To make frozen coffee cubes, brew a strong cup of coffee (I use instant since nobody else drinks it) and add sugar or splenda to taste. Then freeze in ice cube tray.
- Blend coffee cubes and milk in blender until large chunks are gone.
- Add ice cream and blend til combined and still fairly thick.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.