Welcome to my kitchen, where caffeine and baked goods go hand in hand. Today’s recipe is the perfect pick-me-up breakfast or anytime snack: cappuccino muffins! These muffins are infused with the rich taste of coffee, mingled with the sweetness of chocolate chips and cream cheese. Trust me; these muffins will wake you up from the inside out!
Baking can be daunting, but I’m here to break it down for you. These muffins are easy to make because they start with a doctored-up cake mix then mixed with simple pantry staples like all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, a pinch of salt, and just to make things interesting, instant coffee granules.
The result of this recipe is a delightful blend of sweet and savory that even non-coffee lovers can’t resist! So let’s gather our tools and ingredients and turn up the heat in the kitchen. I promise that by the end of this recipe, you’ll feel like the star barista at your local cafe.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
My dear coffee lovers, take a break from your usual drink and indulge in a special treat. I have the perfect recipe for you: Cappuccino Muffins!
These muffins are sure to satisfy your caffeine cravings while also offering a delectable taste of home. With their unique combination of coffee and muffins, they’re perfect for breakfast, snack time or even just as dessert. Trust me when I say you won’t be able to resist the aroma that emanates from these delights as they bake in your kitchen.
But what makes this recipe so loveable? First off, it’s incredibly easy to prepare with ingredients that are readily available at your nearest supermarket. Moreover, you can easily modify this recipe to suit your preferences by swapping out ingredients or adding variations like chocolate chunks or coconut cappuccino.
Imagine biting into a warm muffin with a fluffy texture that melts in your mouth. You’ll savor the balance between the rich coffee flavor and the sweet cinnamony taste. Also, it’s perfect for all seasons – warm on a winter morning, outdoors on a sunny spring day, next to a cup of cold coffee in summer or even as an afternoon snack during fall.
Plus, you’ll hardly be worrying about calories when you enjoy this decadent treat. One cappuccino muffin contains only about 200 calories which is much lesser than a slice of cake or cupcake loaded with sugar.
So, give yourself and your loved ones an exquisite experience that will wake all senses up with every bite – indulgent Cappuccino Muffins.
All-purpose flour: 4 cups
Granulated sugar: 2 and 1/4 cups
Unsalted butter or margarine: 1 cup (2 sticks), at room temperature
Egg: 1 large
Baking powder: 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Baking soda: 1/2 teaspoon
Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
Instant coffee granules: 3 tablespoons, dissolved in 1/4 cup hot water to make espresso
Milk: 1 cup
Vanilla extract: 2 teaspoons
Ground cinnamon: 1/2 teaspoon
Chocolate chips or chunks: 2 cups
These are all easy-to-find ingredients that you might already have in your pantry. With a good balance of sweet and savory flavors, each ingredient complements one another to make the perfect combination for a delicious muffin. So, make sure you have everything on this list before starting to bake!
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have your ingredients prepared, let’s start baking these delicious cappuccino muffins! Here are the steps on how to make them:
Step 1: Preheat Your Oven
Preheat your oven to 375°F.
Step 2: Mix Wet Ingredients
In a large mixing bowl, beat 1 egg, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup melted butter. Mix well using a whisk or an electric mixer until the mixture is smooth and fluffy.
Step 3: Add Dry Ingredients
In a separate bowl, mix together 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules. Mix until well combined.
Step 4: Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with one-third of a cup of milk each time. Mix well after each addition.
Step 5: Fold in Chocolate Chips
Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips into the muffin batter. fold in gently until they are evenly distributed.
Step 6: Fill Muffin Cups
Line a muffin tin with paper cups or silicone liners. Fill each muffin cup with the mixture to about two-thirds full.
Step 7: Bake Your Muffins
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-22 minutes or until the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Step 8: Cool and Serve
Take out of the oven and let cool for at least five minutes before transferring them from the tin to a wire rack. Serve warm with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon on top and a warm latte on the side!
The recipe makes about 12 cappuccino chocolate chip muffins that will satisfy your sweet tooth while also giving you that extra energy boost you need for the day!
Substitutions and Variations
If you are looking to modify this recipe or switch things up, there are plenty of ways to get creative with these cappuccino muffins. Here are a few ideas:
– Chocolate Chip Muffins: If you’re not a fan of cappuccino flavor, don’t worry – you can swap out the instant coffee granules for cocoa powder and make chocolate chip muffins instead. Add a cup of your favorite chocolate chips for good measure.
– Coconut Cappuccino Muffins: Love coconut? Try adding some sweetened shredded coconut to the batter for a tropical twist on this classic recipe.
– Espresso Powder: For an even stronger coffee flavor, substitute espresso powder for the instant coffee granules. This will make your cappuccino muffins more rich and decadent.
– Cream Cheese Swirl: Want to take your muffins to the next level? Mix some cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth, then drop spoonfuls onto the batter before baking. Swirl it in with a knife for a delicious marbled effect.
– Best Chocolate Chunk Cappuccino Muffins: If you’re feeling really indulgent, replace the chocolate chips with chunks of dark chocolate. The bigger pieces will melt into gooey pockets in every bite.
Overall, this recipe is very versatile and can be adjusted to suit your tastes or dietary needs. Swap out margarine for butter, try using whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour or add nuts like hazelnuts or almonds for crunch. Whatever your preference may be, experiment with different ingredients to create your perfect cappuccino muffin concoction.
Serving and Pairing
Now that you have freshly baked cappuccino muffins, it’s time to think about how to serve and pair them. These muffins are perfect as a breakfast treat, snack or dessert. Here are some ideas on how to enjoy these delicious muffins:
– Serve them warm: Cappuccino muffins taste the best when they are warm and fresh out of the oven. If you’re serving them for breakfast, pop them in the oven for a few minutes before serving.
– Garnish with chocolate: To elevate their taste even more, try garnishing your cappuccino muffins with melted chocolate or chocolate chips. Simply sprinkle them on top of the muffins while they’re still warm.
– Pair with coffee: As the name suggests, these muffins go perfectly well with coffee. The cappuccino flavor pairs especially well with espresso or latte. You can also serve them with a cup of tea or hot chocolate.
– Add cream cheese frosting: For an extra indulgent treat, try frosting your muffins with cream cheese frosting. This creamy and tangy frosting compliments the cappuccino flavor very well.
– Serve as a dessert: Turn these muffins into a sophisticated dessert by pairing them with a scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream. The combination of cold, creamy ice cream and warm, soft muffin is heavenly.
No matter how you choose to serve and pair your cappuccino muffins, they are guaranteed to satisfy your cravings for something sweet and caffeinated.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
There’s no need to rush in the morning when you’ve got a batch of these delicious cappuccino muffins waiting for you. They can be made ahead of time and stored, so breakfast is an easy in and out the door kind of experience.
If you’re planning on making the muffins ahead of time, store them in an airtight container after allowing them to cool completely. They’ll keep fresh for up to three days, but if you want them to last any longer, pop them in the freezer. These muffins are excellent for meal prep and can be taken out of the freezer as needed.
Reheating these muffins is simple and straightforward. All you need to do is warm them up in the oven or microwave. Wrap them up in a piece of damp paper towel and heat them up in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until they’re warm and moist. Alternatively, you can heat your oven at 350°F, wrap each muffin individually in aluminum foil or parchment paper, place them on a sheet tray, and bake them for 10-15 minutes until they’re warm throughout.
It’s important to note that reheating these muffins will not affect their taste or texture. They’ll still have that same softness and delightful coffee flavor you love! Make-ahead cappuccino muffins are perfect for busy mornings or as snacks throughout the day!
Tips for Perfect Results
As a barista, I learned that attention to detail is crucial to making the perfect cappuccino muffins. Here are some tips that can help you get the best results:
1. Brew strong coffee: Use freshly brewed cappuccino or espresso as the base for these muffins instead of instant coffee granules. The bold flavor of the brewed coffee will make a noticeable difference in the taste and depth of the muffins.
2. Measure the ingredients accurately: Baking requires precise measurements to ensure that the muffins come out perfectly. If you use too much sugar, for example, your muffins may turn out too sweet and cakey. Use a digital kitchen scale to measure dry ingredients and standard measuring cups for liquids.
3. Do not overmix: Overmixing the batter can cause your muffins to have a tough texture. Mix only until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated, and don’t worry about small lumps in the batter.
4. Use room temperature eggs and butter: Cold butter and eggs may not mix well, resulting in uneven batter with chunks of butter. Take them out of the fridge beforehand so they can come up to room temperature.
5. Swap margarine for butter with caution: While margarine may be a reasonable substitute for butter in some recipes, it is not ideal here. Margarine contains more water than butter, which can lead to a denser muffin. Unless you’re substituting due to dietary restrictions, stick with unsalted butter.
6. Fill the muffin cups two-thirds full: Overfilling cupcakes causes them to spill over and become misshapen during baking. Fill your cappuccino muffin cups two-thirds full (about two tablespoons of batter) for perfect results.
7. Add chocolate chips or nuts: For an extra treat, stir in some chocolate chips or chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts after mixing up the batter.
8. Bake at correct temperature and time: Check your oven temperature before baking by using an oven thermometer because ovens often run hotter or cooler than set temperatures indicate on their own thermostats or digital displays. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Follow these helpful tips, and you’ll get perfect cappuccino muffins every time!
Now that you have all the necessary information to create these delicious cappuccino muffins, let’s address some frequently asked questions (FAQs) that may come up while preparing this scrumptious treat. These FAQs will help ensure that you make the most out of this recipe by avoiding possible mistakes and achieving the best possible result. So, let’s dive right into it!
What is the secret to making moist muffins?
As a skilled barista, I have a wealth of experience in making homemade muffins that come out perfectly moist and delicious every time. Here are some key tips and tricks I’ve picked up along the way that you can use to create the same mouthwatering treats in your own kitchen.
To start, always keep your wet and dry ingredients separate until you’re ready to start mixing them together. This helps to ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed throughout the batter and prevent overmixing.
When it comes to adding flavorings, it’s best to wait until the very end so that they don’t get overworked in the mixing process. This ensures your muffins have the full impact of your chosen flavorings.
Another consideration is whether to use paper liners for your muffin cups. This can be helpful to ensure your muffins come out cleanly without sticking to the sides of the muffin tin.
It’s also important not to overfill your muffin cups, as this can lead to uneven cooking and cause the muffins to dry out. Aim for filling the cups about 2/3 of the way full.
When baking, make sure to keep an eye on the temperature of your oven to prevent your muffins from over-browning or burning.
To test if your muffins are fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of one muffin. If it comes out clean, they’re ready to go!
And last but certainly not least, don’t forget to add some extra flair to your muffins by topping them with your favorite flavorings. This can include anything from streusel to frosting or whipped cream. Get creative and see what delicious combinations you can come up with!
Why are my muffins not fluffy?
One common mistake while making muffins is using too much leavening, either baking soda or powder. When this occurs, muffins may initially rise but end up collapsing, causing them to turn out dense. The ideal ratio of leavening should be 1 teaspoon of baking powder or 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda per cup of flour.
How many calories are in a cappuccino muffin?
One Snowflake Cappuccino Muffin contains a total of 217 calories, according to a report from June 30, 2011.
How many calories in a cappuccino chocolate chip muffin?
The chocolate cappuccino muffin from Great Harvest Bread Co. is a sweet treat that contains a total of 48g carbs, with 46g of those being net carbs. This muffin contains 20g of fat, 7g of protein, and comes in at a total of 390 calories.
In conclusion, I hope this recipe for cappuccino muffins has inspired you to bake something delicious and creative in your kitchen. By using simple ingredients like sugar, flour, instant coffee granules, and vanilla extract, you can create a pastry that is both flavorful and satisfying. This recipe is perfect for any occasion – whether you’re hosting a brunch or just looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with your coffee!
I encourage you to experiment with the recipe, substituting ingredients or adding your own unique spin to make it truly your own. And don’t be afraid to pair it with other flavors – these muffins would make an excellent accompaniment to a coconut cappuccino or a rich espresso.
So why not try making these cappuccino muffins today? They’re easy to make, taste like home, and are sure to impress anyone who tastes them. With the tips and variations I’ve provided, you can customize this recipe according to your taste buds.
Remember that baking can be both fun and relaxing, especially when trying out a new recipe that excites you. Nothing beats the feeling of satisfaction that comes with seeing your efforts turn into scrumptious output! So roll up your sleeves, get baking, and indulge in the delight of freshly baked cappuccino muffins.
Cappuccino Muffins Recipe
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a food processor (or using a hand mixer), combine the spread ingredients, cover and process until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- For the muffins: In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, stir milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375°F for 17-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- Serve with espresso spread.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.