Rich and Indulgent Cocoa Coffee Recipe for Chocolate Lovers
Greetings, coffee lovers! Today, I want to introduce you to a delicious and decadent drink that combines two of my favorite things: coffee and cocoa. This is not just any ordinary coffee recipe – this is a cocoa coffee recipe that will blow your taste buds away.
I know what you might be thinking: why mess with something as perfect as coffee? But trust me, once you try this hot cocoa coffee, you won’t go back. The rich chocolate flavor next to the perfectly brewed coffee is a match made in heaven for anyone who loves sweet and strong flavors.
This cocoa coffee recipe can easily become your new go-to for all occasions. Whether you’re in need of a warm hug in a mug on chilly mornings, craving something sweet to brighten up your afternoon, or looking for something cozy to wind down in the evening – this recipe is for you.
Don’t hesitate to take a sip of this homemade mocha coffee at any time of the day. It’s quick and easy to make with ingredients that are probably already in your pantry. So grab your favorite coffee mug and let’s get started!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy way to satisfy your caffeine and chocolate cravings, this cocoa coffee recipe is the perfect solution! This recipe offers a unique and delightful twist on your typical cup of coffee by adding cocoa powder to make a rich and creamy mocha coffee.
You’ll absolutely love this recipe because it combines the bold flavor of coffee with the sweet and chocolatey taste of hot cocoa. The mixture of boiling water, instant coffee granules, and unsweetened cocoa powder will leave you with a steamy and luscious beverage that fills you up while tantalizing your taste buds.
If you’re a hot chocolate lover or a devoted coffee drinker, this recipe caters to both preferences by blending them into one fantastic drink. You won’t have to choose between a warm cup of hot cocoa or your favorite morning brew; now, you can indulge in both simultaneously!
Not only is this recipe tasty and straightforward, but it’s highly customizable as well. You can adjust the amount of unsweetened cocoa powder or sugar to suit your liking, making this drink perfect for everyone. Additionally, you can spice up the recipe by adding ice cream, whipped cream, or even making it into a cold drink on hot days.
So why settle for an ordinary cup of plain coffee or hot cocoa when you can whip up a quick and delicious mocha right in your own kitchen? Give it a try and indulge in this decadent treat that will surely become your new favorite drink!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar (optional)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder (or 1 1/2 tablespoon Hershey’s cocoa powder)
- 2 teaspoons instant hot cocoa mix (or 1 1/2 tablespoon Hershey’s Hot Cocoa Mix)
Note: You can use dark roast brewed coffee instead of instant coffee granules to make homemade mocha.
At first, to make the perfect coco coffee recipe, you need to have all the ingredients ready! Everything that is required to create a delight for your day must be on your counter-top. This is an important part of ensuring that you are not missing anything and you can easily reach out to them while making the recipe. Here is the complete detailed list of what you need to make your cocoa coffee.
The Recipe How-To
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, it’s time to make your Cocoa Coffee! This recipe is perfect for those who want a creamy and chocolatey twist on their morning coffee. Follow these simple steps to create this delicious and comforting drink.
Step 1: Prepare the Cocoa Coffee Mix
In a small bowl, mix together 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of instant coffee granules. You can use regular or decaf coffee depending on your preference. Be sure to mix it well until there are no lumps visible.
Step 2: Add Hot Water
Blooming cocoa can enhance the depth of your chocolate flavor. Pour 2 tablespoons of boiling water into the bowl with the cocoa-coffee mixture and stir well. This process will help release the flavors of both the cocoa and coffee.
Step 3: Heat Milk
In a small saucepan or using a milk frother, heat 1 cup of milk over medium heat until steaming. You can use dairy or non-dairy milk such as soy or oat milk.
Step 4: Combine Everything Together
Add the Cocoa Coffee Mix to your favorite coffee mug, then pour in the hot milk while stirring continuously with a whisk. You can add sugar or honey according to your taste preference. Stir them all together until everything blends in nicely.
Voila! Enjoy your homemade mocha in the comfort of your home.
Substitutions and Variations
Looking to shake things up a bit? Variations and substitutions can make your cocoa coffee recipe even more exciting! Here are some ideas for how you can tweak the recipe to suit your preferences:
– Powder coffee: If you don’t have instant coffee granules, you can use espresso or freshly brewed strong coffee instead. Just be sure to pour it hot as you would add boiling water.
– Cocoa powder: You can experiment with different types of cocoa powder such as Dutch-process or raw cacao. Keep in mind that different types of cocoa will yield different flavors and aromas.
– Sugar: If you want to cut back on sugar, you can use a natural sweetener such as honey or maple syrup instead. Alternatively, if you’re feeling decadent, try using brown sugar for a richer flavor.
– Milk: Any kind of milk will work in this recipe including dairy-free alternatives such as almond or oat milk.
– Mocha coffee: You can easily turn this cocoa coffee recipe into a mocha by adding a scoop of chocolate powder or chocolate chips while mixing the ingredients together. This will give it a rich and velvety texture which is perfect for indulging!
– Bulletproof cocoa: Want to make your drink even more nutrient-dense? Add a tablespoon of coconut oil or grass-fed butter to your hot cocoa coffee. This will turn it into bulletproof coffee and give you energy to tackle the toughest mornings.
You can also experiment with adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg for an even more exotic flavor. And if you feel like something different altogether, concoctions like iced chocolate mocha, dark chocolate cold brew or bulletproof hot chocolate will keep things interesting!
Whatever variation you choose, the possibilities are endless when it comes to this delightful blend of cocoa and coffee! Mix it up and see what works best for you!
Serving and Pairing
Once your cocoa coffee is ready, it’s time to enjoy its rich flavor and aroma. This beverage is delightful on its own, but you can also pair it with a variety of treats that enhance its taste and texture.
For example, you can serve your cocoa coffee with a slice of chocolate cake, a warm croissant or some buttery cookies. The contrast between the bitter coffee and the sweet pastry will be a match made in heaven for any dessert lover.
If you want something more refreshing, try serving your cocoa coffee over ice cubes or blending it with vanilla ice cream to create a creamy and frosty drink. You can also add some whipped cream on top to give it an extra indulgent touch.
Another idea is to pair your cocoa coffee with a savory dish such as smoked salmon, scrambled eggs or avocado toast. The bold flavors of the food will balance out the intense chocolate flavor and create a harmonious breakfast or brunch experience.
No matter what you choose, make sure you savor every sip of this delicious drink. Cocoa coffee is versatile and pairs well with many flavors, so don’t be afraid to experiment and discover your own favorite combination.
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
One of the best things about this cocoa coffee recipe is that it can be made ahead of time and reheated whenever you need it. This is perfect for busy mornings when you’re on the go and don’t have time to make a fresh cup of coffee.
To make this recipe ahead of time, simply mix together the coffee powder, cocoa powder, and sugar in a small bowl. Then, store the mix in an airtight container until you’re ready to use it.
When you’re ready to enjoy your cocoa coffee, heat up some milk on the stove or in the microwave until it’s steaming hot. Then, add a few spoonfuls of the cocoa coffee mix and stir it together until everything is well combined.
If you prefer your coffee hot, you can easily reheat it in the microwave by pouring it into a microwave-safe mug and heating it up for 30 seconds to a minute. Alternatively, if you want an iced version of this drink, simply pour it over ice and add some cold milk.
If you have any leftover cocoa coffee mix, store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks. You can also store it in the freezer for longer periods of time.
Overall, this recipe is a convenient and delicious way to get your caffeine fix while also satisfying your sweet tooth. Whether you prefer your coffee hot or cold, this cocoa coffee recipe is sure to become one of your new favorites.
Tips for Perfect Results
Brewing a perfect cup of cocoa coffee requires some attention to detail and a passion for making great drinks. Here are some handy tips that I have learned from my years of experience as a barista that will help you achieve excellent results with this recipe:
1. Use high-quality ingredients: The quality of your ingredients can make a significant difference in the taste of your cocoa coffee. Stick to unsweetened cocoa powder and high-quality instant coffee granules for the best flavor.
2. Bloom the cocoa powder: Blooming cocoa powder is an essential step that brings out the richness and depth of its chocolate flavor. To do this, mix the unsweetened cocoa powder with hot water in a bowl and stir well until it forms a smooth paste. This step ensures that the cocoa flavor is evenly distributed in your drink.
3. Steaming milk: For hot cocoa coffee, heat milk until steaming, but not boiling, using either a stovetop or an electric frother. The ideal temperature for milk steaming is between 140°F and 160°F.
4. Use the right coffee-to-cocoa ratio: The perfect ratio of instant coffee granules to unsweetened cocoa powder is crucial to achieving balanced flavors in your drink. I recommend using one tablespoon of instant coffee and two teaspoons of unsweetened cocoa powder for every cup of hot milk.
5. Mix well: This recipe is all about getting the balance right between chocolate and coffee flavors, so make sure to mix everything together thoroughly before serving. Whisk or stir the hot cocoa/coffee mixture using a spoon or whisk for even distribution.
6. Add chocolate flavor enhancement: If you want even more chocolate flavor, you can add chocolate syrup or melted chocolate chips to your drink before mixing it.
7. Experiment with different brewing methods: While this recipe calls for instant coffee granules, you can experiment with using freshly brewed espresso or dark roast coffee instead for an extra strong mocha kick.
By following these tips, you are sure to create a delicious cup of cocoa coffee that rivals any professional coffee shop’s offering!
Now that you know how to make a delicious cocoa coffee recipe, you may have some questions about the ingredients, techniques, or variations. Don’t worry; we have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and their answers to help you troubleshoot any doubts or concerns that may arise. Keep reading to discover more tips and tricks to master this tasty drink.
Can you mix cocoa powder with coffee?
Looking to add a delicious twist to your coffee brew? Try incorporating some unsweetened cocoa powder to the mix. Simply sprinkle a scoop, approximately 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons, into your coffee grounds and mix well. The resulting coffee will be packed with a rich chocolate-y flavor, evocative of a sophisticated hot cocoa for adult palates. Finish off your creation with a creamy splash of your preferred type of milk and enjoy!
What is cocoa and coffee?
Coffee and chocolate, two delicious treats that have much more in common than one might think. Both are derived from the seeds of a fruit, the coffee “cherry” and the cacao pod. Despite their similarities, their flavor development process differs greatly. Chocolate gets its distinctive taste during a long and meticulous fermentation process, while coffee’s flavor is minimally impacted by a brief fermentation, mainly used for extracting the seeds from the fruit.
How do you bloom cocoa powder with coffee?
Do you want to give a boost to your chocolate recipe? Allow me to give you a tip. Instead of using just hot water to bloom your cocoa powder, try adding a teaspoon of instant coffee or espresso powder to the mix. This will help the coffee and cocoa flavors to meld together and create a richer, more complex taste. Give it a try and take your chocolate game to a whole new level.
Is mixing hot chocolate and coffee good?
When it comes to flavors, coffee and chocolate make an unbeatable combination that everyone loves. That is why mocha-flavored drinks have become so popular all around the world. If you want to make a quick and easy mocha drink, simply mix hot chocolate with coffee, iced coffee, cappuccino or espresso. It’s a simple recipe that delivers a delicious and comforting drink in no time.
In conclusion, the Cocoa Coffee Recipe is a must-try for all coffee lovers out there. The combination of rich instant coffee granules and unsweetened cocoa powder creates a truly unique flavor that is not found in any regular coffee recipe.
Not only is this drink easy to make with minimal ingredients required, but it also offers a variety of customization options to suit your taste preferences. Whether you prefer your drink sweet or bold, there is always a way to tweak the recipe to your liking.
Additionally, this recipe offers more than just great taste. It provides energy boosts through caffeine and antioxidants that help improve your overall mood and health. It’s a win-win situation for any coffee enthusiast out there who wants to indulge in their favorite drink while also enjoying its health benefits.
So, don’t hesitate to try this delicious and straightforward Cocoa Coffee Recipe today. Trust me; once you have a sip of this delightful drink, you’ll never want to settle for basic instant or brewed coffee again!
Cocoa Coffee Recipe
- 1 cup powdered cocoa mix
- 1/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 4 cups boiling water
- whipped cream
- Combine cocoa mix, instant coffee and boiling water; stir until coffee granules dissolve.
- Garnish each serving with whipped cream.
- Yield: 1 quart.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.