When it comes to indulgent desserts, we all crave something rich and decadent. If you are looking for an indulgent pudding recipe that combines two of the most beloved flavors, coffee and chocolate, then you have come to the right place. My coffee and chocolate pudding recipe is a must-try for those who want to take their dessert game to the next level.
In this recipe, dark and bittersweet chocolate come together with a subtle hint of instant coffee flavor to create a delicious and creamy pudding with a velvety texture. The ingredients are simple and easy to find, and the preparation method is a breeze. I guarantee that this pudding recipe will become your new favorite dessert as it packs in bold flavors and satisfies your sweet craving in one go.
Whether you are a seasoned chef or someone new to the kitchen, my coffee and chocolate pudding recipe is approachable and hassle-free. In this article, I will walk you through each step of the process, sharing tips on how to achieve perfect results every time.
So, put on your apron, grab some spoons, and let’s get started on making the most irresistible coffee chocolate pudding!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
My dear coffee and chocolate lovers, I present to you a recipe that will undoubtedly make your taste buds dance with joy: Coffee and Chocolate Pudding! This rich and velvety dessert is a match made in heaven for those who crave the robust flavors of coffee and the decadent sweetness of chocolate.
What sets this pudding recipe apart is its unique blend of instant coffee and bittersweet chocolate. The combination creates an unforgettable mocha flavor that will leave you wanting more. Moreover, the non-fat soymilk offers a creamy texture without compromising on health benefits.
It’s easy to fall in love with this recipe not only because it tastes heavenly but also because it’s quick to make. With just ten ingredients, you can make a perfect dessert in less than 25 minutes! And if you’re short on time, you can even make it ahead and store it in the fridge for later delish indulgence.
This recipe is versatile too! You can easily substitute any ingredient to meet your dietary needs or adjust the sweetness or coffee intensity according to your preference. Whether you’re serving it for family functions or dinner parties, Coffee and Chocolate Pudding is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser; no one can resist its sweet aroma!
In conclusion, brace yourself for an explosion of flavors that will take you on a joyride. Give yourself a well-deserved treat or impress your loved ones with this incredible pudding recipe that delivers every time. Trust me, one bite of this dessert, and it’ll become your all-time favorite pudding recipe!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this delectable coffee and chocolate pudding recipe:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/4 cup of cornstarch
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of instant coffee granules
- 2 cups of whole milk
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 3/4 cup of good quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
I also recommend using non-fat soy milk as a substitute for whole milk, which will give the pudding an even creamier texture. You can also use semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate instead of bittersweet if that’s what you have on hand.
The Recipe How-To
Now that we have gone through the list of ingredients, it’s time to dive into the recipe. You’ll be pleased to know that this Coffee and Chocolate Pudding Recipe is quick and easy to make. With just a few simple steps, you can create a delicious dessert that will impress your guests.
Step 1: Preparing the Pudding Mixture
First, grab a medium-sized mixing bowl and add 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/4 cup cornstarch and 1/4 tsp salt. Mix these dry ingredients well.
Step 2: Preparing the Coffee Mixture
In another bowl, mix together 2 tbsp instant coffee and 2 cups non-fat soymilk (you can substitute with any milk of your choice) until it dissolves completely. Set it aside.
Step 3: Combining Two Mixtures
Now it’s time to combine your two mixtures. Take your coffee mixture and pour it into the dry pudding mixture. Make sure everything is well combined.
Step 4: Cooking the Mixture
Add 2 cups of whole milk to the combined mixture while stirring constantly. Place this mixture on medium heat and stir often until it comes to a boil. This typically takes 5-7 minutes.
Step 5: Adding Chocolate
Turn off the heat, then add 8 oz of finely chopped bittersweet chocolate (or you can use high-quality chocolate chips) to the hot mixture. Stir well until all of the chocolate has melted completely into the pudding.
Step 6: Finishing Touches
Lastly, add 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix well again.
Pour this mixture directly into four cups or bowls (about 1/2 cup each) and let the pudding cool at room temperature for at least an hour, or until it’s chilled enough for you to enjoy – or you can put them in the fridge for up to a day before serving.
That’s it! You’re done! Now you have some delicious Coffee Chocolate Puddings that everyone will love.
Substitutions and Variations
If you want to switch things up, here are some substitutions and variations for the coffee and chocolate pudding recipe:
– Milk: You can use any type of milk you prefer, such as almond, coconut, or soy milk instead of whole milk.
– Sweeteners: Instead of brown sugar, you can use granulated sugar or honey. For a healthier option, you can try using maple syrup or dates.
– Chocolate: If you don’t have bittersweet chocolate on hand, you can also use semisweet chocolate or dark chocolate chips. You can also add in some white chocolate or butterscotch chips for a twist.
– Flavorings: Vanilla extract can be substituted with almond extract to give it a nutty flavor. You can also add in some cinnamon or chili powder to the pudding mix for a spicy kick.
– Coffee: If you don’t have instant coffee granules available, brew a strong cup of coffee and use that instead. You can also add coffee liqueur for an extra twist.
– Pudding mix: Instead of making your own pudding mix with cornstarch, try using an instant pudding mix instead. This will make the process much quicker and easier.
These substitutions and variations will allow you to play around with the flavors and texture of the recipe until you find what works best for you. Whether it’s adding in chia seeds to make a chocolate chia seed pudding, creating mocha pudding by mixing in cocoa powder and instant coffee, or using the pudding mix for a dessert like chocolate cake or pudding brownies, there is no limit to what you can do with this coffee and chocolate pudding recipe.
Serving and Pairing
After successfully making this delicious coffee and chocolate pudding, it’s important to serve it in the right way. My tip is to place the pudding cups in a tray of ice to keep them cool as they are served. You also need to make sure that you have spoons ready for the indulgence.
This pudding recipe pairs perfectly with any dark chocolate dessert or freshly brewed coffee for an excellent post-dinner treat. The subtle taste of coffee mixed with the richness of chocolate makes it easy to pair with other sweet treats such as chocolate cake, brownies, or chia seed pudding.
For a bold and memorable testimony, try serving it with mocha pudding or brownies pudding. If you like fruity pairings, I suggest serving this pudding alongside fresh berries such as strawberries or raspberries for a nice contrast in flavor that balances out the sweetness.
When presenting this comfort food, sprinkle some cocoa powder on top of each cup or add some whipped cream for an elegant variation.
Remember, no matter how you present this dessert, it’s always delicious!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
Once you have made this heavenly coffee and chocolate pudding, there are a few things to know about storing and reheating it. If you have made the pudding in advance, and want to keep it for later, store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. However, be aware that pudding can dry out quickly, so make sure to cover the top with plastic wrap or seal it tightly with a lid.
If you’d like to make this pudding even more indulgent and silky-smooth, you can add crea into it before serving. This will also help to enhance the overall flavor of your dish. When reheating your pudding, make sure that you do not overheat it or boiling! The best way is to reheat on low heat by using the stovetop or microwave slowly so that it does not curdle or break apart.
As toppings go well with puddings, you can add some whipped cream or cocoa powder when serving; make sure not to overpower the sweetness of vanilla and bittersweet chocolate in the pudding.
With these tips in mind, once you taste this chocolate coffee pudding recipe, I bet that this treat will become your favorite dessert for any occasion!
Tips for Perfect Results
If you want to make the perfect Coffee and Chocolate Pudding recipe, here are some useful tips to keep in mind:
1. Use good quality ingredients: Always use high-quality bittersweet chocolate, instant coffee, and cocoa powder. It will make a huge difference in the overall taste of your pudding.
2. Don’t overcook the pudding: When cooking the pudding mixture on the stove, it’s essential not to overcook it. Overcooked pudding mixture can result in curdled and grainy texture. Be sure to constantly stir the mixture while cooking and take it off the heat as soon as it thickens.
3. Sift the dry ingredients: Sifting cocoa powder, cornstarch and sugar before combining them will help to remove any lumps and create a smooth consistency in your pudding.
4. Chill the pudding thoroughly: Once you have poured the mixture into individual mousse cups or a large serving dish, allow it to cool down to room temperature before chilling it for at least 3 hours or overnight. This helps create a nice, firm texture.
5. Let the pudding come to room temperature before serving: Before serving, let your pudding sit at room temperature for around 20-30 minutes before garnishing with whipped cream and chocolate chips or sprinkling some more cocoa powder on top.
6. Experiment with add-ins: Chocolate chips, chopped nuts, caramel sauce or whipped cream are great add-ins that can elevate your coffee chocolate pudding recipe.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your Coffee and Chocolate Pudding is absolutely divine!
Now that you have all the details of this decadent Coffee and Chocolate Pudding recipe, it’s time to address some FAQs. These are the questions that you might be wondering about as you work on this recipe. From substitutions to baking techniques, the following section will provide answers to some of the most common queries associated with this dessert. So, let’s dive right into them.
Can you use pudding mix instead of cocoa powder?
When it comes to making brownies, there’s a unique twist you can try out: the chocolate pudding brownies. Unlike the conventional brownie recipes that use cocoa powder or melted chocolate, this recipe entails using a box of pudding mix instead. These types of brownies are often referred to as pudding brownies or pudding mix brownies. Let’s dive into the process of making these delicious treats!
Can I add chocolate to my coffee?
There’s no denying that chocolate and coffee make an amazing duo. The culinary world has long recognized the magic that happens when these two flavors combine. Coffee’s bitterness mellows out with the addition of chocolate, producing an irresistible taste. Not only does chocolate work wonders in coffee-based drinks, but it also takes desserts like brownies to a whole new level. It’s clear that chocolate and coffee are a match made in foodie heaven.
What kind of chocolate do you add to coffee?
In this article, we will be discussing five different types of chocolate sauces that can be used to make delicious coffee drinks. These sauces include Ghirardelli Chocolate Premium Chocolate Sauce, Hershey’s Chocolate Syrup, Wildly Organic Chocolate Syrup, Torani Pure Made Dark Chocolate Sauce, and Coop’s Cold Brew Mocha Sauce. Each one of these sauces has its own unique flavor, consistency, and recommended usage. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of chocolate sauces!
Can I use evaporated milk instead of milk for instant pudding?
Let’s take your pudding game to the next level by swapping out regular milk for a can of evaporated milk. This simple substitution will transform your pudding into a rich and creamy delight that will have your taste buds singing with joy. The flavor of your pudding mix will also be dramatically elevated with this decadent addition. If you’re feeling adventurous, try using canned coconut milk instead for a touch of tropical sweetness. Give it a try and prepare to be amazed by the difference it makes.
In conclusion, this coffee and chocolate pudding recipe is a must-try for anyone who loves the combination of coffee and chocolate. With its rich and creamy texture, subtle coffee flavor and sweet chocolate indulgence, this dessert is a true treat for the senses.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations and substitutions based on your personal preferences. Whether you choose to make chocolate pudding brownies, mocha pudding or even chocolate chia pudding, the possibilities are endless with this versatile recipe.
So why not treat yourself (and your taste buds) to a delicious dessert today? Try out this recipe and let the smooth and silky taste of coffee and chocolate take over your palette. Trust me, once you try it, you won’t regret it!
Coffee and Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups non-fat soymilk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a saucepan, mix brown sugar, cornstarch, cocoa powder, coffee and salt. Add slowly soy milk and bring to boil at medium heat.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 1 minute or until thicken. Remove saucepan from the heat. Add chocolate and stir until melted. Add vanilla and stir.
- Spread pudding in 4 individual serving dishes. Cover the surface with plastic wrap and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.