Welcome to the world of the ultimate summer treat – Cold Brew Mocha Pops! If you’re a coffee and chocolate fanatic (who isn’t?), this recipe is going to be your new go-to. You might think iced coffee is all you need during these hot summer days, but we’ve taken it up a notch with these mocha popsicles.
Picture walking down the street, feeling the summer heat on your skin, and suddenly you take a bite of this cold, creamy, rich treat… It’s a moment of pure satisfaction. Trust me; this recipe will blow your mind!
But what makes these popsicles special? One word: texture. Every time you take a bite, you’ll feel the tiny chunks of chocolate chips swimming in the sweet and smooth mocha cream that will explode in your mouth. It’s an experience for all your senses.
Plus, it’s easy to make at home – no Chick-fil-A or Starbucks runs necessary. The ingredients list is short, but each one plays an essential role in creating the perfect balance of flavors.
So get ready to impress your friends and family with this simple yet delicious dessert that will be the talk of every summer gathering!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
Are you a coffee lover who’s always on the look-out for new ways to enjoy your favorite beverage? If so, you’ll want to try this Cold Brew Mocha Pops recipe. Not only will it quench your coffee craving, but it will also satisfy your sweet tooth.
Here’s why you’ll love this recipe:
1. Perfect for hot summer days: On a sweltering day, nothing beats a refreshing ice-cold treat. Instead of sipping on a boring iced coffee, pop one of these mocha pops in your mouth and feel the coolness spread throughout your body.
2. Easy to make: You don’t need any special equipment or barista skills to make these popsicles. All you need are a few simple ingredients and some popsicle molds, and you’ll be on your way to enjoying a frozen coffee treat.
3. Customizable: One of the best things about this recipe is that it’s easy to customize according to your preferences. You can adjust the amount of sugar, cream, or chocolate chips you use to make the popsicles suit your taste buds.
4. Perfect balance of flavors: The mixture of cold brew coffee with creamy half-and-half and chocolate chips creates a perfect flavor combination that will leave you wanting more.
5. Portable and convenient: These mocha pops are portable and perfect for enjoying on-the-go. Plus, they’re less messy than traditional ice cream bars or cones.
Overall, if you’re looking for a creative and delicious way to get your daily coffee buzz while satisfying your sweet tooth, then the Cold Brew Mocha Pops recipe is definitely worth trying!
Here’s what you need to get started on these cold brew mocha pops. All the ingredients can easily be found at your local grocery store.
- 2 cups of cold brewed coffee – this will give the popsicle its coffee flavor. For best results, use a quality coffee blend.
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar – for sweetness and balance
- 1/4 cup of chocolate syrup – for chocolatey goodness
- 1/4 cup of half-and-half cream – adds richness and creaminess
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips – gives texture and depth to the popsicle
- 1 cup of half-and-half cream or coffee creamer/non-dairy creamer – for creamy richness
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk – for more sweetness and thickness
- 2 tbsp. of chocolate flavored syrup
Note: Adjust the sweetness according to your liking by adding or reducing sugar
The Recipe How-To
Step 1: Brew the coffee
- In a large jar or pitcher, mix 2 cups of cold brew or brewed coffee with ¼ cup of granulated sugar. Stir the mixture until the sugar dissolves completely.
- If you don’t have any cold brew, you can easily make it at home. Grind your coffee beans coarsely and pour them into a large jar or pitcher. Add water and let the mixture steep for at least 12 hours, then filter out the grounds.
- For an iced mocha, add in chocolate syrup (2 tbsp) while mixing.
Step 2: Prepare the mocha cream cold
- In a medium bowl, whisk together one and a half cups half-and-half cream or milk (dairy or non-dairy), three-quarters cup sweetened condensed milk, a quarter cup dark chocolate chips, and three tablespoons of instant coffee granules to make Mocha Cream Cold mixture
- Alternatively Chick-fil-A Mocha CreamCold Coffee Creamer can be used instead of preparing from scratch. To achieve this, combine two cups of milk or non-dairy alternative with four to six tablespoons of Chick-fil-A Mocha CreamCold Coffee Creamer.
Step 3: Mix the coffee and the cream
- Into the brewed coffee, pour mocha cream cold.
- Give it a quick stir and pour into either coffee popsicles molds or ice-pop molds.
Step 4: Preparation for popsicles
- Tap gently on the counter to release any air bubbles.
- Insert wooden sticks and freeze for at least six hours (or overnight) until solidified.
- Once ready to serve, run warm water around the molds to loosen and remove popsicle from molds.
Enjoy these creamy cold brew mocha pops as they are or upgrade them by swirling in some chocolate syrup or dipping them in melted dark chocolate!
Substitutions and Variations
As a barista, I understand that not everyone has access to certain ingredients or may want to experiment with different flavors. Here are some substitutions and variations you can try to make this cold brew mocha pops recipe your own:
– Non-dairy creamer: If you’re lactose intolerant or prefer a dairy-free option, you can substitute half-and-half cream with non-dairy creamer. Coconut or almond milk-based creamers can add a nutty undertone to the mocha flavor.
– Sweetener: While I used granulated sugar in this recipe, you can also try sweetening your mocha cream with other syrups like honey, agave, or maple syrup. You can also adjust the sweetness level to your liking by adding more or less sweetener.
– Chocolate chips: For an extra rich chocolate flavor, try using dark chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet ones. You can also add chopped toasted nuts or shaved coconut for added texture and flavor.
– Cafe Mocha variation: If you prefer a stronger coffee flavor in your popsicle, try adding 1-2 shots of espresso or cold press instead of cold brew coffee. You can also layer the mocha cream with vanilla ice cream to create an iced cafe mocha popsicle.
– Iced Mocha variation: To turn this dessert into a drinkable treat, pour the mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. Once solid, blend with cold milk to create a creamy iced mocha drink.
– Chick Fil A Copycat Recipe: For those who love Chick Fil A’s iced coffee, you can transform this recipe into a copycat version by adding chocolate flavored syrup and half-and-half cream in your cold brew coffee popsicles.
Remember that experimenting and trying new things is part of what makes cooking fun. As long as you maintain the base ingredients of cold brew coffee and mocha cream, feel free to get creative with this recipe!
Serving and Pairing
Alright, let’s get to the most exciting part: serving and pairing your delicious cold brew mocha popsicles! These popsicles are perfect for a hot summer day when you need a cool treat that will also give you that caffeine kick.
First things first, take those babies out of their molds and get ready for a refreshing burst of flavor. Now, this is where it gets fun. You can have these popsicles on their own, or go all out and pair them with some complementary flavors.
I love to serve these mocha popsicles with some toasted coconut flakes sprinkled on top. The combination of creamy cold brew, chocolate chips, and toasted coconut gives you the feeling that you’re lounging on a beach somewhere in Hawaii. It’s truly delightful!
If you’re looking for something a bit more indulgent, then try dipping them in some melted dark chocolate and let it harden for an extra-rich layer of flavor. Alternatively, you can serve them with some whipped cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top.
These cold brew mocha popsicles also pair well with other coffee-flavored desserts like tiramisu or coffee-flavored ice cream. Or why not have one as a sidekick to your morning Chick-fil-A sandwich and iced coffee? Trust me; it’s the perfect sweet and savory combo.
No matter how you serve or pair these popsicles, they’ll bring a smile to your face, guaranteed!
Make-Ahead, Storing and Reheating
These cold brew mocha pops are the perfect make-ahead treat for any occasion. You can easily prepare them in advance and store them in the freezer until you’re ready to serve them. They keep well for up to two weeks, so you can satisfy your mocha cravings anytime.
To store your cold brew mocha popsicles, simply place them in an airtight container or ziplock bag and put them in the freezer. When it’s time to enjoy, take them out of the container and allow them to thaw for a few minutes.
If you want to reheat your cold brew mocha popsicles, fill a bowl with warm water and place the popsicles in the bowl. This will help the popsicles melt slightly and be easier to remove from the mold. Be careful not to leave them in the water for too long, as this can cause them to become too soft.
One tip for making these mocha pops even more enjoyable is to add some toasted coconut on top before serving. It adds a delightful crunch and flavor that perfectly complements the creamy cold-brewed coffee mixture.
And if you don’t have popsicle molds, don’t worry – you can still achieve delicious results using ice cube trays, paper cups or even silicone muffin cups as molds.
Overall, these cold brew mocha pops are an easy-to-make treat that is perfect no matter when you’re craving something sweet or need a caffeine fix after a long day. Store them properly and you will always have a tasty snack on hand.
Tips for Perfect Results
When it comes to making cold brew mocha pops, there are a few key tips that can take your popsicles from good to great. Here are my top tips for perfect results:
1. Use high-quality ingredients
The best way to ensure a delicious and creamy cold brew mocha pop is to use high-quality ingredients. Opt for rich and smooth cold brew coffee, high-quality chocolate chips, and half-and-half cream for a creamy texture.
2. Mix the ingredients thoroughly
To make sure that the coffee, chocolate chips, and cream blend together properly, mix them all thoroughly before pouring them into the molds.
3. Use the right size of measuring cups
Make sure you use the correct measuring cups. For example, use two 4-cup measuring cups: one for the cold brew coffee mixed with the cream, and one for the mocha cream cold brew.
4. Don’t overfill the molds
To avoid spillage when placing the mold in the freezer, make sure to leave about 1/4 inch of space at the top of each mold.
5. Allow enough time for freezing
You can usually freeze your popsicles overnight or up to eight hours in total. This ensures that they are fully frozen and ready to be enjoyed.
6. Try different variations
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different variations of this recipe! Add dark chocolate chips, flavored syrups such as caramel or hazelnut, or try making them without dairy by using non-dairy milk or creamer.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to make delicious cold brew mocha pops every time, perfect for satisfying your coffee and chocolate cravings on a hot day!
As with any recipe, there may be questions or concerns that arise as you follow the steps to create your delicious cold brew mocha popsicles. To help ensure your success and satisfaction, I have compiled a list of frequently asked questions and provided answers to address them. So, whether you’re a seasoned chef or a beginner barista, read on for some insights and tips that will help you master this delightful recipe.
What is a mocha cream cold brew?
This recipe creates a decadent iced coffee experience by combining silky smooth cream with chocolate syrup and cold-brewed coffee, all served over ice. Please note, the nutritional information provided is based on the original recipe.
How much caffeine is in Chick-Fil-A mocha cream cold brew?
If you’re looking for a refreshing and energizing drink to cool off on a hot day, you might want to try out Chick-fil-A’s iced coffee. It comprises a blend of cold brewed coffee, 2% milk, and cane sugar that is available in Chick-fil-A outlets in various locations. To top it off, this thirst-quenching beverage comes in a 20 fl oz cup that packs a punch of 100 mg of caffeine.
How much is Chick-Fil-A mocha cream cold brew?
Looking for a sweet and indulgent twist on your typical cold brew coffee? Consider giving the Mocha Cream Cold Brew a try. This delicious drink is brewed using the cold brew method and is then blended with creamy, sweetened cream and a rich chocolate syrup. Served over ice, this refreshing beverage is perfect for those hot summer days. With prices ranging from $2.69-$3.09, it’s an affordable treat that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Is the mocha cream cold brew still available?
The mocha cream cold brew made its debut on the Chick-fil-A fall menu on September 14, 2020. It was only available for a limited time and was taken off the menu on November 14, 2020 to make way for new seasonal drinks.
Overall, the Cold Brew Mocha Pops Recipe is an irresistible treat that coffee and chocolate lovers will appreciate. The recipe is incredibly easy to make, and you can customize it to fit your preferences. You can use non-dairy creamers or sweeteners if you prefer, and you can also switch up the toppings to add some variety.
Whether you’re looking for a refreshing summer dessert, an afternoon snack, or a sweet treat to impress guests with, these mocha pops are sure to please. They’re also the perfect way to get your coffee fix in a fun and delicious way. Plus, who doesn’t love the taste of creamy cold brew coffee mixed with decadent chocolate and sweetened cream?
So why not give this recipe a try and see for yourself why it’s such a crowd-pleaser? Whether you enjoy them at home or at your next summer gathering, these mocha popsicles are sure to become a new favorite!
Cold Brew Mocha Pops Recipe
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 80 chocolate chips (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups cold brew coffee
- In a measuring cup, combine ¾ cup half & half and 3 tablespoons sugar. Stir until sugar dissolves.
- Divide among ten 3-ounce popsicle molds. Add 8 chocolate chips to each vessel, top with lid and secure with popsicle sticks, or follow freezing instructions.
- Freeze until firm, 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Combine cold brew and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar. Stir to dissolve.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons half & half and stir.
- Remove popsicle mold from freezer and divide coffee mixture among vessels.
- Return to freezer and freeze until set, an additional 4 hours or overnight. Serve.
Your Own Notes
Recommended Recipes Just For You
John has been working in the coffee industry for over five years, having started out as a barista in the bustling city of Los Angeles. He fell in love with the craft and set out to expand his knowledge and understanding of coffee. He has traveled all over the world, visiting coffee farms and learning from the best in the industry. His mission is to share his love of coffee and its unique flavors with others, and The Drive Coffee Bar is his way of doing that.